Rhod-4 Medium Removal No Wash Calcium Assay kit (ab112156)
- Product nameRhod-4 Medium Removal No Wash Calcium Assay kitSee all Calcium kits ...
- Sample typeAdherent cells, Suspension cells
- Assay typeQuantitative
- Assay time1h 00m
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- Product overview
ab112156 provides an optimized assay method for monitoring the G-protein-coupled receptors and calcium channels. It can be performed in a convenient 96-well or 384-well microtiter-plate format and easily adapted to automation. Compared to Fluo-8, Rhod-4 is more photostable, making its fluorescence imaging more robust.
Visit our FAQs page for tips and troubleshooting.
This product is intended to use for monitoring calcium fluctuations in vivo in live cells. If you would like to quantify calcium concentration in vitro using cell extracts, we recommend using Calcium Detection Kit (Colorimetric) (ab102505) or Calcium Quantification Assay Kit (ab112115), as they provide stock standards for comparison.
- Tested applicationsFunctional Studies more details
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 kit 10X Pluronic® F127 Plus 1 x 1ml HHBS 1 x 9ml Rhod-4 1 vial
- RelevanceCalcium is essential for all living organisms, where Ca2+ sequestration and release into and out of the cytoplasm functions as a signal for many cellular processes. 99% of calcium is found in bones and teeth with the remaining 1% found in the blood and soft tissue. Serum calcium levels are tightly controlled (8.4-11.4 mg/dL) and any variation outside this range can have serious effects. Calcium plays a role in mediating the constriction and relaxation of blood vessels, nerve impulse transmission, muscle contraction, and hormone secretion. Calcium ion channels control the migration of calcium ions across cell membranes, permitting the activation and inhibition of a wide variety of enzymes. Causes of low calcium levels include chronic kidney failure, vitamin D deficiency, and low blood magnesium levels that can occur in severe alcoholism.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab112156 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Rhod-4 Medium Removal No Wash Calcium Assay kit images
Carbachol Dose Response measured in HEK293 cells using Rhod-4 Medium Removal No Wash Calcium Assay kit and Rhod-2.
HEK293 cells were incubated with 100 μL of the dye-loading solution using ab112156, or 100 μL of Rhod-2 solution (5 μM) for 1 hour at room temperature. Carbachol (25 μL/well) was added to achieve the final indicated concentrations. The EC50 of Rhod-4 is about 0.8 μM, and that for Rhod-2 about 0.7 μM.
References for Rhod-4 Medium Removal No Wash Calcium Assay kit (ab112156)
ab112156 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.