Riluzole (PK 26124) (ab120272)
- Product nameRiluzole (PK 26124)
- DescriptionNeuroprotective agent. Modulates glutamate transmission.
- PK 26124
- Biological descriptionNeuroprotective agent with anticonvulsant, sedative, anxiolytic, anti-ischemic and anesthetic properties. Inhibits glutamate release, enhances glutamate uptake, blocks voltage-dependent Na+ channels, antagonises NMDA receptors and inhibits GABA uptake. Reported to offer neuroprotection and some therapeutic potential for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis and Huntingdon's Disease.
- Purity> 99%
- Chemical name2-Amino-6-trifluoromethoxybenzothiazole hydrochloride
- Molecular Weight270.66
- Chemical structure
- Molecular formulaC8H5F3N2OS.HCl
- CAS Number1744-22-5
- PubChem identifier6419992
- Storage instructionsStore at room temperature.
- Solubility overviewSoluble in DMSO to 100 mM and in water to 50 mM
Providing storage is as stated on the product vial and the vial is kept tightly sealed, the product can be stored for up to 6 months.
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
References for Riluzole (PK 26124) (ab120272)
This product has been referenced in:
- Fumagalli E et al. Riluzole enhances the activity of glutamate transporters GLAST, GLT1 and EAAC1. Eur J Pharmacol 578:171-6 (2008). Read more (PubMed: 18036519) »
- Lamanauskas N & Nistri A Riluzole blocks persistent Na+ and Ca2+ currents and modulates release of glutamate via presynaptic NMDA receptors on neonatal rat hypoglossal motoneurons in vitro. Eur J Neurosci 27:2501-14 (2008). Read more (PubMed: 18445055) »
- Doble A The pharmacology and mechanism of action of riluzole. Neurology 47:S233-41 (1996). Read more (PubMed: 8959995) »