Ro 31-8220 mesylate (Bisindolylmaleimide IX) (ab120374)
- Product nameRo 31-8220 mesylate (Bisindolylmaleimide IX)
- DescriptionProtein kinase inhibitor
- Bisindolylmaleimide IX
- Biological descriptionWidely used as a cell permeable, reversible, competitive protein kinase C inhibitor. Also potently inhibits wide range of kinases inlcuding RSK1, RSK2, PRK2, PKCα, PKD1, MSK1, GSK3β, CDK2-cyclin A and PIM3, as well as PKCα.
- Purity> 98%
- Chemical name3-[1-[3-(Amidinothio)propyl]-3-indolyl]-4-(1-methyl-3-indolyl)-1H-pyrrole-2,5-dione methanesulfonate
- Molecular Weight553.65
- Chemical structure
- Molecular formulaC25H23N5O2S.CH3SO3H
- CAS Number125314-64-9
- PubChem identifier11628205
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C (desiccating conditions).
- Solubility overviewSoluble in water to 100 mM, DMSO to 100 mM and in ethanol to 5 mM
Providing storage is as stated on the product vial and the vial is kept tightly sealed, the product can be stored for up to 6 months.
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
References for Ro 31-8220 mesylate (Bisindolylmaleimide IX) (ab120374)
This product has been referenced in:
- Bain J et al. The selectivity of protein kinase inhibitors: a further update. Biochem J 408:297-315 (2007). Read more (PubMed: 17850214) »
- Davis PD et al. Inhibitors of protein kinase C. 2. Substituted bisindolylmaleimides with improved potency and selectivity. J Med Chem 35:994-1001 (1992). Read more (PubMed: 1552513) »
- Dieter P & Fitzke E RO 31-8220 and RO 31-7549 show improved selectivity for protein kinase C over staurosporine in macrophages. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 181:396-401 (1991). Read more (PubMed: 1958208) »