- Product nameRottlerin
- DescriptionKinase inhibitor
- Biological descriptionOriginally reported to inhibit PKC isoforms, especially PKCδ and CAM-KIII. Also inhibits MAPKAP-K2 and PRAK (5.4 and 1.9 μM respectively), CHK2, PLK1, PIM3 and SRPK1.
- Purity> 90%
- Chemical name3'-[(8-Cinnamoyl-5,7-dihydroxy-2,2-dimethyl-2H-1-benzopyran-6-yl)methyl]-2',4',6'-trihydroxy-5'-methylacetophenone
- Molecular Weight516.55
- Chemical structure
- Molecular formulaC30H28O8
- CAS Number82-08-6
- PubChem identifier5281847
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C (desiccating conditions).
- Solubility overviewSoluble in DMSO to 100 mM
Providing storage is as stated on the product vial and the vial is kept tightly sealed, the product can be stored for up to 6 months.
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
References for Rottlerin (ab120377)
This product has been referenced in:
- Bain J et al. The selectivity of protein kinase inhibitors: a further update. Biochem J 408:297-315 (2007). Read more (PubMed: 17850214) »
- Davies SP et al. Specificity and mechanism of action of some commonly used protein kinase inhibitors. Biochem J 351:95-105 (2000). Read more (PubMed: 10998351) »
- Gschwendt M et al. Rottlerin, a novel protein kinase inhibitor. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 199:93-8 (1994). Read more (PubMed: 8123051) »