- Product name(S)-5-Fluorowillardiine
- DescriptionPotent, selective AMPA agonist
- Biological descriptionPotent, selective AMPA receptor agonist. Displays higher affinity than AMPA at hGluR1 and hGlurR2, and displays greater selectivity for AMPA receptor subtypes over the kainate receptor hGluR5.
- Purity> 99%
- Chemical name(S)-2-Amino-3-(5-fluoro-3,4-dihydro-2,4-dioxopyrimidin-1(2H)-yl)propanoic acid
- Molecular Weight217.16
- Chemical structure
- Molecular formulaC7H8FN3O4
- CAS Number140187-23-1
- PubChem identifier126569
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C (desiccating conditions).
- Solubility overviewSoluble in 1.1 eq. NaOH to 50 mM (with warming)
Providing storage is as stated on the product vial and the vial is kept tightly sealed, the product can be stored for up to 6 months.
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one week. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab120036 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Functional Studies||FuncS: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
ab96379 staining MEK1 (phospho S298) in SK-N-SH cells treated with (S)-5-Fluorowillardiine (ab120036), by ICC/IF. Increase in expression of MEK1 (phospho S298) correlates with increased concentration of (S)-5-Fluorowillardiine, as described in literature.
The cells were incubated at 37°C for 6h in media containing different concentrations of ab120036 ((S)-5-Fluorowillardiine) in DMSO, fixed with 4% formaldehyde for 10 minutes at room temperature and blocked with PBS containing 10% goat serum, 0.3 M glycine, 1% BSA and 0.1% tween for 2h at room temperature. Staining of the treated cells with ab96379 (1/100 dilution) was performed overnight at 4°C in PBS containing 1% BSA and 0.1% tween. A DyLight 488 goat anti-rabbit polyclonal antibody (ab96899) at 1/250 dilution was used as the secondary antibody. Nuclei were counterstained with DAPI and are shown in blue.
References for (S)-5-Fluorowillardiine (ab120036)
This product has been referenced in:
- Mankiewicz KA et al. Chemical interplay in the mechanism of partial agonist activation in alpha-amino-3-hydroxy-5-methyl-4-isoxazolepropionic acid receptors. Biochemistry 47:398-404 (2008). Read more (PubMed: 18081322) »
- Jane DE et al. Synthesis of willardiine and 6-azawillardiine analogs: pharmacological characterization on cloned homomeric human AMPA and kainate receptor subtypes. J Med Chem 40:3645-50 (1997). Read more (PubMed: 9357531) »
- Hawkins LM et al. Binding of the new radioligand (S)-[3H]AMPA to rat brain synaptic membranes: effects of a series of structural analogues of the non-NMDA receptor agonist willardiine. Neuropharmacology 34:405-10 (1995). Read more (PubMed: 7566471) »
- Wong LA et al. Willardiines differentiate agonist binding sites for kainate- versus AMPA-preferring glutamate receptors in DRG and hippocampal neurons. J Neurosci 14:3881-97 (1994). Read more (PubMed: 7515954) »