(S)-Propranolol Fluorescent ligand (Red) (ab118169)
- Product name(S)-Propranolol Fluorescent ligand (Red)
Fluorescent β2 adrenoceptor antagonist
- Biological descriptionFluorescent β2 antagonist (pKD values are 7.76, 9.21 and 7.09 for β1, β2 and β3 respectively). Wide range of applications which include localizing receptor distribution in tissues and cells, and live-cell imaging of receptor kinetics. Able to antagonize the activity of isoprenaline in vitro. No intrinsic agonist activity.
Excitation wavelength: 633 nm
Emission wavelength: 650 nm
- Purity> 97%
- Selectivityβ1: 7.76 | β2: 9.21 | β3: 7.09
- Molecular Weight894.00
- Molecular formulaC48H54BF2N5O7S
- Validation notesab118169 has no intrinsic agonist activity at either β1, β2 or β3 receptors.
To determine the KD for ab118169 at β1, β2 and β3 receptors, cells were treated with isoprenaline alone or with ab118169, and the cyclic AMP-induced expression of SPAP measured.
The KD was calculated from the shift of the response curve in the presence of ab118169, compared to the response curve for the agonist alone, or in the presence of 1 µM ab118169, and the cyclic AMP-induced expression of SPAP measured.
The KD was calculated from the rightward shift of the agonist response curve in the presence of ab118169, compared to the response curve for the agonist alone, for β1, β2 and β3 receptor expressing cell lines.
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Avoid exposure to light.
- HandlingFor imaging at β1 / β2 / β3 adrenoceptors use solutions up to 100 nM in DMSO.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab118169 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Small Molecule Fluorescent Optical Detection||Small Molecule Fluorescent Optical Detection: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|Receptor Localization||Receptor Localization: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|Fluorescent Cell Imaging||Fluorescent Cell Imaging: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
(S)-Propranolol Fluorescent ligand (Red) images
Left: ab118169 ligand (30 nM) binding to live CHO cells expressing β2 adrenergic receptors. Right: Binding blocked by the unlabelled competitor ICI118551 (10 µM). Nuclei have been counter-stained with Hoechst.
References for (S)-Propranolol Fluorescent ligand (Red) (ab118169)
ab118169 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.