Anti-S100 antibody [8B10] - Astrocyte Marker (ab8330)
- Product nameAnti-S100 antibody [8B10] - Astrocyte MarkerSee all S100 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [8B10] to S100 - Astrocyte Marker
- SpecificitySpecific to S-100 beta beta and alpha beta. It does not recognize the alpha-alpha form or alpha subunit only.
- Tested applicationsELISA, IHC - Wholemount, ICC/IF, WB, Sandwich ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
Full length protein (Human).
- Positive control
- Human brain.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPBS with 0.1% sodium azide, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Purification notesThis antibody is affinity purified.
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number8B10
- Light chain typeunknown
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab8330 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ELISA||ELISA: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IHC - Wholemount||IHC - Wmt: Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 21856924|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|WB||WB: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Predicted molecular weight: 21 kDa.|
|Sandwich ELISA||sELISA: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Can be paired for Sandwich ELISA with Mouse monoclonal [6G1] to S100 (HRP) (ab10203). Sensitive to EDTA or other bivalent-binding agents. Better performance can be obtained in presence of 5mM CaCL2 in these assay buffers. Can be used as capture antibody in conjunction with ab10203.|
- FunctionWeakly binds calcium but binds zinc very tightly-distinct binding sites with different affinities exist for both ions on each monomer. Physiological concentrations of potassium ion antagonize the binding of both divalent cations, especially affecting high-affinity calcium-binding sites.
- Tissue specificityHighly prevalent in heart. Also found in lesser quantities in skeletal muscle and brain.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the S-100 family.
Contains 2 EF-hand domains.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm.
- Bpb antibody
- NEF antibody
- Protein S100-A1 antibody
- S 100 protein alpha chain antibody
- S 100 PROTEIN BETA CHAIN antibody
- S 100 protein beta subunit antibody
- S-100 protein alpha chain antibody
- S-100 protein subunit alpha antibody
- S100 alpha antibody
- S100 beta antibody
- S100 beta antibody
- S100 calcium binding protein A1 antibody
- S100 calcium binding protein B antibody
- S100 calcium binding protein beta neural antibody
- S100 calcium-binding protein A1 antibody
- S100 protein alpha chain antibody
- S100 protein alpha polypeptide antibody
- S100 protein beta polypeptide neural antibody
- S100A antibody
- S100a1 antibody
- S100B antibody
- S100beta antibody
- S10A1_HUMAN antibody
Anti-S100 antibody [8B10] - Astrocyte Marker images
S-100 calibration curve, from one step assay in streptavidin coated plates. Ab8330 [200 ng/well] was used as capture and Eu- labelled ab10203 [200 ng/well] as detection. Antigen used was S-100 protein from the human brain. Incubated 20 minutes at 20°C.
ab8330 at a dilution of 1/1000, staining S100 (Alexa 488 secondary at 1/2000) on rat brain tissue (30
µm thick coronal sections) in free floating IHC (see protocol link for detailed description). Images showing neuron body and processes: [A] 20x objective and [B] 40x objective.
NB: No labeling observed following omission of primary antibody.
Sections were viewed using an Axioplan 2 Imaging microscope (Imaging Associates) fitted with 10x, 20x and 40x Plan-Neofluorobjectives (Zeiss, Germany) and images were taken using a AxioCam Hrm digital camera (Zeiss, Germany) and AxioVision software (Imaging Associates).
References for Anti-S100 antibody [8B10] - Astrocyte Marker (ab8330)
This product has been referenced in:
- Dai M & Shi X Fibro-vascular coupling in the control of cochlear blood flow. PLoS One 6:e20652 (2011). IHC ; Guinea pig . Read more (PubMed: 21673815) »
- Callizot N et al. A new long term in vitro model of myelination. Exp Cell Res : (2011). ICC/IF ; Rat . Read more (PubMed: 21777582) »