Anti-S100 beta antibody (ab110979)
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferpH: 7.50
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab110979 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Predicted molecular weight: 11 kDa.|
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|ELISA||ELISA: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- FunctionWeakly binds calcium but binds zinc very tightly-distinct binding sites with different affinities exist for both ions on each monomer. Physiological concentrations of potassium ion antagonize the binding of both divalent cations, especially affecting high-affinity calcium-binding sites. Binds to and initiates the activation of STK38 by releasing autoinhibitory intramolecular interactions within the kinase. Interaction with AGER after myocardial infarction may play a role in myocyte apoptosis by activating ERK1/2 and p53/TP53 signaling.
- Tissue specificityAlthough predominant among the water-soluble brain proteins, S100 is also found in a variety of other tissues.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the S-101 family.
Contains 2 EF-hand domains.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus.
- NEF antibodyProtein S100 B antibodyProtein S100-B antibody
- S 100 calcium binding protein beta chain antibodyS 100 protein beta chain antibodyS-100 protein beta chain antibodyS-100 protein subunit beta antibodyS100 antibodyS100 calcium binding protein beta (neural) antibodyS100 calcium-binding protein B antibodyS100 protein beta chain antibodyS100B antibodyS100B_HUMAN antibodyS100beta antibody
References for Anti-S100 beta antibody (ab110979)
ab110979 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.