Anti-S6K1 antibody (ab14708)
- Product nameAnti-S6K1 antibodySee all S6K1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionGoat polyclonal to S6K1
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Cow, Dog, Xenopus laevis
Synthetic peptide: MISKRPEHLRMNL, corresponding to amino acids 490-502 of S6K1.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.5% BSA, Tris-saline. pH 7.3
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesPurified from goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab14708 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 0.2 - 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 65-70 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 60 kDa).Can be blocked with S6K peptide (490-502) (ab23245).|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 1 - 2 µg/ml.|
- FunctionActs to integrate nutrient and growth factor signals in regulation of protein synthesis, cell proliferation, cell growth, cell cycle progression and cell survival. Downstream effector of the mTOR signaling pathway. Phosphorylates specifically ribosomal protein S6 in response to insulin or several classes of mitogens. During translation initiation, the inactive form associatess with the eIF-3 complex under conditions of nutrient depletion. Mitogenic stimulation leads to phosphorylation and dissociation from the eIF-3 complex and the free activated form can phosphorylate other translational targets including EIF4B. Promotes protein synthesis by phosphorylating PDCD4 at 'Ser-67' and targeting it for degradation. Phosphorylates RICTOR leading to regulation of mammalian target of rapamycin complex 2 (mTORC2) signaling; probably phosphorylates RICTOR at 'Thr-1135'. Phosphorylates IRS1 at multiple serine residues coupled with insulin resistance; probably phosphorylates IRS1 at 'Ser-270'. Required for TNF-alpha induced IRS-1 degradation. Phosphorylates EEF2K in response to IGF1 and inhibits EEF2K activity. Phosphorylates BAD at 'Ser-99' in response to IGF1 leading to BAD inactivation and inhibition of BAD-induced apoptosis. Phosphorylates mitochondrial RMP leading to dissociation of a RMP:PPP1CC complex; probably phosphorylates RMP at 'Ser-99'. The free mitochondrial PPP1CC can dephosphorylate RPS6KB1 at Thr-412 which is proposed to be a negative feed back mechanism for the RPS6KB1 antiapoptotic function. Phosphorylates GSK3B at 'Ser-9' under conditions leading to loss of the TSC1-TSC2 complex. Phosphorylates POLDIP3.
- Tissue specificityWidely expressed.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. AGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family. S6 kinase subfamily.
Contains 1 AGC-kinase C-terminal domain.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
- DomainThe autoinhibitory domain is believed to block phosphorylation within the AGC-kinase C-terminal domain and the activation loop.
The TOS (TOR signaling) motif is essential for activation by mTORC1.
modificationsPhosphorylation at Thr-412 is regulated by mTORC1. The phosphorylation at this site is maintained by an agonist-dependent autophosphorylation mechanism.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm; Nucleus. Cytoplasm and Cell junction > synapse > synaptosome. Mitochondrion outer membrane.
- 70 kDa ribosomal protein S6 kinase 1 antibodyK6B1 antibodyKS6B1_HUMAN antibody
- p70 alpha antibodyP70 beta 1 antibodyP70 beta 1 antibodyp70 ribosomal S6 kinase alpha antibodyp70 ribosomal S6 kinase beta 1 antibodyp70 ribosomal S6 kinase beta 1 antibodyp70 S6 kinase alpha antibodyP70 S6 Kinase antibodyp70 S6 kinase, alpha 1 antibodyp70 S6 kinase, alpha 2 antibodyp70 S6K antibodyp70 S6K-alpha antibodyp70 S6KA antibodyp70(S6K) alpha antibodyp70(S6K)-alpha antibodyp70-alpha antibodyp70-S6K 1 antibodyp70-S6K antibodyp70S6K antibodyP70S6K1 antibodyp70S6Kb antibodyp70S6Kb antibodyPS6K antibodyRibosomal protein S6 kinase 70kDa polypeptide 1 antibodyRibosomal protein S6 kinase 70kDa polypeptide 2 antibodyRibosomal protein S6 kinase 70kDa polypeptide 2 antibodyRibosomal protein S6 kinase beta 1 antibodyRibosomal protein S6 kinase beta-1 antibodyRibosomal protein S6 kinase I antibodyRPS6KB1 antibodyRPS6KB2 antibodyRPS6KB2 antibodyS6K antibodyS6K-beta-1 antibodyS6K1 antibodySerine / threonine kinase 14 alpha antibodySerine/threonine kinase 14 alpha antibodySerine/threonine-protein kinase 14A antibodySTK14A antibody
Anti-S6K1 antibody images
Anti-S6K1 antibody (ab14708) at 0.2 µg/ml + Human muscle lysate at 35 µg
Predicted band size : 60 kDa
ab14708 at 3.8 µg/ml staining S6K in Human kidney tissue by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections). Steamed antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6, AP-staining.
References for Anti-S6K1 antibody (ab14708)
ab14708 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.