Anti-SA2 antibody [3C6] (ab117725)
- Product nameAnti-SA2 antibody [3C6]See all SA2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [3C6] to SA2
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-P, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Recombinant Human SA2 Protein (Q8N3U4).
- Positive controlHuman Breast tissue, Hela nuclear and NIH/3T3 cells extracts and HeLa cells.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C long term. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Constituent: 99% PBS
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number3C6
- Light chain typekappa
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab117725 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Predicted molecular weight: 141 kDa.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml.|
- FunctionComponent of cohesin complex, a complex required for the cohesion of sister chromatids after DNA replication. The cohesin complex apparently forms a large proteinaceous ring within which sister chromatids can be trapped. At anaphase, the complex is cleaved and dissociates from chromatin, allowing sister chromatids to segregate. The cohesin complex may also play a role in spindle pole assembly during mitosis.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the SCC3 family.
Contains 1 SCD (stromalin conservative) domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated by PLK. The large dissociation of cohesin from chromosome arms during prophase is partly due to its phosphorylation.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Chromosome. Chromosome > centromere. Associates with chromatin. Before prophase it is scattered along chromosome arms. During prophase, most of cohesin complexes dissociate from chromatin probably because of phosphorylation by PLK, except at centromeres, where cohesin complexes remain. At anaphase, the RAD21 subunit of cohesin is cleaved, leading to the dissociation of the complex from chromosomes, allowing chromosome separation. In germ cells, cohesin complex dissociates from chromatin at prophase I, and may be replaced by a meiosis-specific cohesin complex.
- bA517O1.1 antibodyCohesin Subunit SA 2 antibodyCohesin subunit SA-2 antibody
- DKFZp686P168 antibodyDKFZp781H1753 antibodyFLJ25871 antibodySA 2 antibodySA-2 antibodySA2 antibodySCC3 homolog 2 antibodySCC3B antibodySTAG 2 antibodystag2 antibodySTAG2_HUMAN antibodyStromal antigen 2 antibody
Anti-SA2 antibody [3C6] images
Immunohistochemistry Image of Human Breast: Formalin-Fixed, Paraffin-Embedded stained with anti SA2 antibody at 5 µg/ml(ab117725).
Anti-SA2 antibody [3C6] (ab117725) + Hela nuclear extracts
Predicted band size : 141 kDa
Anti-SA2 antibody [3C6] (ab117725) + NIH/3T3 protein cell extracts
Predicted band size : 141 kDa
Immunofluorescence of monoclonal antibody to anti SA2 antibody (ab117725) at 10 µg/ml on HeLa cell.
References for Anti-SA2 antibody [3C6] (ab117725)
ab117725 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.