Anti-SAP97 antibody (ab3437)
- Product nameAnti-SAP97 antibodySee all SAP97 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to SAP97
- SpecificityBy Western blot, this antibody detects an ~140 kDa protein representing SAP 97 from rat brain extract. Immunohistochemical staining of SAP 97 in rat hippocampus results in intense neuronal cell body and dendrite staining. No cross-reactivity to other proteins, including synapse-associated protein family members, has been observed.
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, IHC-Fr, WB, IHC-FoFr more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Rat
Predicted to work with: Human
Synthetic peptide: V(115)LPSERISPQVPNEVLGPE(133). Immunizi ng peptide corresponds to amino acids 115-133 from rat SAP 97. This sequence is 84% and 74% conserved in mouse and human SAP 97, respectively.
- Positive controlWB: rat brain extract IHC: rat hippocampus
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPBS, 1 mg/ml BSA and 0.05% sodium azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgG fraction
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab3437 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|WB||WB: 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 140 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 140 kDa).Can be blocked with SAP97 peptide (ab5852).|
- FunctionEssential multidomain scaffolding protein required for normal development (By similarity). Recruits channels, receptors and signaling molecules to discrete plasma membrane domains in polarized cells. May play a role in adherens junction assembly, signal transduction, cell proliferation, synaptogenesis and lymphocyte activation. Regulates the excitability of cardiac myocytes by modulating the functional expression of Kv4 channels. Functional regulator of Kv1.5 channel.
- Tissue specificityAbundantly expressed in atrial myocardium (at protein level). Expressed in lung fibroblasts, cervical epithelial and B-cells (at protein level). Widely expressed, with isoforms displaying different expression profiles.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the MAGUK family.
Contains 1 guanylate kinase-like domain.
Contains 1 L27 domain.
Contains 3 PDZ (DHR) domains.
Contains 1 SH3 domain.
- DomainThe alternatively spliced domain I3 corresponding to amino acids (636-669) of isoform 4 is an EPB41 binding site mediating association to membranes in polarized and non-polarized cells.
The PDZ domains may also mediate association to membranes by binding to EPB41 and GPR124 together with the L27 domain that binds CASK and DLG2.
The L27 domain may regulate DLG1 self-association. The N-terminal alternatively spliced region is capable of binding several SH3 domains and also moderates the level of protein oligomerization.
modificationsPhosphorylated by MAPK12. Phosphorylation of Ser-232 regulates association with GRIN2A. Isoform 2 is phosphorylated on Ser-698. Isoform 3 is phosphorylated on Ser-665.
- Cellular localizationMembrane. Basolateral cell membrane. Endoplasmic reticulum membrane. Cell junction > synapse > postsynaptic cell membrane > postsynaptic density. Cell junction > synapse. Cell membrane > sarcolemma. Colocalizes with EPB41 at regions of intercellular contacts. Basolateral in epithelial cells. May also associate with endoplasmic reticulum membranes. Mainly found in neurons soma, moderately found at postsynaptic densities.
- Discs large homolog 1 antibodyDisks large homolog 1 antibodydJ1061C18.1.1 antibody
- DKFZp761P0818 antibodyDKFZp781B0426 antibodyDLG 1 antibodyDLG1 antibodyDLG1_HUMAN antibodyDLGH 1 antibodyDLGH1 antibodyHDLG antibodyPresynaptic protein SAP97 antibodySAP 97 antibodySAP-97 antibodySAP97 antibodySynapse associated protein 97 antibodySynapse-associated protein 97 antibody
Anti-SAP97 antibody images
Immunofluorescent staining in the rat cortex with ab3437, rabbit polyclonal antibody to rat SAP97. Picture taken with a X40 objective. Protocol: IHC free-floating protocol using 4% PFA fixed brain tissue. Rats were intracardially perfused with 4% PFA. Tissue was post-fixed overnight in the same fixative, cryoprotected in 20% sucrose and frozen in OCT. Primary antibody ab3437 was used at 1/3000 incubated overnight at room temperature. Secondary antibody was Alexa Fluor 488 used at 1/1000, 2h incubation at room temperature. Image recoloured in Adobe photoshop.
ICC/IF image of ab3437 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab3437, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
References for Anti-SAP97 antibody (ab3437)
This product has been referenced in:
- Dolmatova E et al. Cardiomyocyte ATP release through pannexin 1 aids in early fibroblast activation. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 303:H1208-18 (2012). Read more (PubMed: 22982782) »
- Villa L et al. Effects and mechanisms of angiotensin II receptor blockade with telmisartan in a normotensive model of mesangioproliferative nephritis. Nephrol Dial Transplant 26:3131-43 (2011). Read more (PubMed: 21414972) »