Anti-SARS Nucleocapsid Protein antibody (ab22163)
- Product nameAnti-SARS Nucleocapsid Protein antibodySee all SARS Nucleocapsid Protein primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to SARS Nucleocapsid Protein
- Specificityab22163 reacts with SARS-Nucleocapsid protein.
- Tested applicationsWB, ELISA more details
Synthetic peptide: GPTDSTDNNQNGGRN, corresponding to N terminal amino acids 20-34 of putative human coronavirus SARS nucleocapsid protein
- Positive controlTransfected mouse melanoma cell lysate
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.2% Gelatin, PBS
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgG fraction
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab22163 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/100 - 1/2000. Detects a band of approximately 46 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 46 kDa).|
|ELISA||ELISA: 1/100 - 1/2000.|
- RelevanceSevere Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS), an emerging disease characterized by atypical pneumonia, has recently been attributed to a novel coronavirus (SARS-CoV). SARS is caused by a human coronavirus, which are the major cause of upper respiratory tract illness in humans, such as the common cold. Coronaviruses are positive stranded RNA viruses, featuring the largest viral RNA genomes known to date (27-31 kb). The spike protein is the main surface antigen of the coronavirus. The most prominent protein in the culture supernatants infected with SARS virus is a 46 kDa nucleocapsid protein. This suggests that the nucleocapsid protein is a major immunogen that may be useful for early diagnostics. The nucleocapsid protein of SARS shares little homology with nucleocapsid proteins of other members of the coronavirus family. Nucleocapsid proteins of other coronavirus have been reported to be involved in forming the viral core and also in the packaging and transcription of the viral RNA.
- Cellular localizationInside the virion, complexed with the viral RNA. May be associated with cellular membranes where it participates in viral RNA synthesis and virus budding.
- N antibodyN structural protein antibodyNC antibody
- Nucleocapsid protein antibodyNucleoprotein antibodyProtein N antibodySARS coronavirus N protein antibodySARS CoV antibodySARSCoV antibodySevere acute respiratory syndrome antibody
Anti-SARS Nucleocapsid Protein antibody images
All lanes : Anti-SARS Nucleocapsid Protein antibody (ab22163) at 1/2000 dilution
Lane 1 : transfected mouse melanoma cell lysate
Lane 2 : untransfected cell lysate
Predicted band size : 46 kDa
Observed band size : 46 kDa
References for Anti-SARS Nucleocapsid Protein antibody (ab22163)
ab22163 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.