Anti-SATB2 antibody [SATBA4B10] (ab51502)
- Product nameAnti-SATB2 antibody [SATBA4B10]See all SATB2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [SATBA4B10] to SATB2
- Tested applicationsIP, ICC/IF, IHC-FoFr, WB, IHC-Fr, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human, Zebrafish
Recombinant fragment C-terminal. (Human)
- Positive control
- HT-1080 whole cell lysate. RIPA lysateof HeLacells. HeLa cells. NIH3T3 whole cell lysate.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Store in the dark. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, 8mM Dibasic monohydrogen sodium phosphate, 3.0mM Potassium chloride, 140mM Sodium chloride, 1.5mM Monobasic dihydrogen potassium phosphate, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Purification notesConcentrated and dialyzed culture medium (5% FBS medium without bovine IgG(<95%approximately)) of hybridoma Purified by ProteinG Filtered through a 0.22 µm membrane and packed aseptically.
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberSATBA4B10
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab51502 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
IHC-P: 1/400. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
IHC-Fr: 1/50 - 1/400.
IHC-FoFr: Use at an assay dependent dilution (PMID 19864583).
WB: 1/100. Predicted molecular weight: 81 kDa.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionBinds to DNA, at nuclear matrix- or scaffold-associated regions. Thought to recognize the sugar-phosphate structure of double-stranded DNA. Transcription factor controlling nuclear gene expression, by binding to matrix attachment regions (MARs) of DNA and inducing a local chromatin-loop remodeling. Acts as a docking site for several chromatin remodeling enzymes and also by recruiting corepressors (HDACs) or coactivators (HATs) directly to promoters and enhancers. Required for the initiation of the upper-layer neurons (UL1) specific genetic program and for the inactivation of deep-layer neurons (DL) and UL2 specific genes, probably by modulating BCL11B expression. Repressor of Ctip2 and regulatory determinant of corticocortical connections in the developing cerebral cortex. May play an important role in palate formation. Acts as a molecular node in a transcriptional network regulating skeletal development and osteoblast differentiation.
- Tissue specificityHigh expression in adult brain, moderate expression in fetal brain, and weak expression in adult liver, kidney, and spinal cord and in select brain regions, including amygdala, corpus callosum, caudate nucleus, and hippocampus.
- Involvement in diseaseNote=Chromosomal aberrations involving SATB2 are found in isolated cleft palate. Translocation t(2;7); translocation t(2;11).
Defects in SATB2 are a cause of cleft palate isolated (CPI) [MIM:119540]. A congenital fissure of the soft and/or hard palate, due to faulty fusion. Isolated cleft palate is not associated with cleft lips. Some patients may manifest other craniofacial dysmorphic features, mental retardation, and osteoporosis.
Note=A chromosomal aberration involving SATB2 is found in a patient with classical features of Toriello-Carey syndrome. Translocation t(2;14)(q33;q22).
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the CUT homeobox family.
Contains 2 CUT DNA-binding domains.
Contains 1 homeobox DNA-binding domain.
modificationsSumoylated by PIAS1. Sumoylation promotes nuclear localization, but represses transcription factor activity.
- Cellular localizationNucleus matrix.
- Entrez Gene: 23314 Human
- Entrez Gene: 212712 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 501145 Rat
- Omim: 608148 Human
- SwissProt: Q3ZB87 Human
- SwissProt: Q4V763 Human
- SwissProt: Q9UPW6 Human
- SwissProt: Q546B3 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q8VI24 Mouse
- SwissProt: D3ZJ19 Rat
- Unigene: 516617 Human
- Unigene: 145599 Mouse
- Unigene: 216103 Rat
- DNA binding protein SATB2 antibody
- DNA-binding protein SATB2 antibody
- FLJ21474 antibody
- FLJ32076 antibody
- KIAA1034 antibody
- MGC119474 antibody
- MGC119477 antibody
- SATB family member 2 antibody
- SATB homeobox 2 antibody
- SATB2 antibody
- SATB2_HUMAN antibody
- Special AT rich sequence binding protein 2 antibody
- Special AT-rich sequence-binding protein 2 antibody
Anti-SATB2 antibody [SATBA4B10] images
Anti-SATB2 antibody [SATBA4B10] (ab51502) at 1/100 dilution + NIH3T3 whole cell lysate at 25 µg
Anti Mouse IgG antibody at 1/2500 dilution
Predicted band size : 81 kDa
Observed band size : 85 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Immunoprecipitation using ab51502 at 1:100 dilution. Sample :NIH3T3 whole cell lysate 25µg. Secondary used at 1:2500.
ab51502 staining SATB2 in HeLa cells by Immunocytochemistry 1:200.
ab51502 staining cultured rat cortical neuron cells by ICC/IF. Cells were PFA fixed, permeabilized in 0.1% triton and blocked with 10% BSA for 1 hour at 22°C. The sample was then incubated with ab51502, diluted 1/25 for 2 hours at 22°C prior to incubation with a Cy3® conjugated donkey anti-mouse antibody, diluted 1/400. In the image, red is SATB2 and green is F-actin
ab51502 staining SATB2 in mouse brain tissue sections by IHC-Fr (Frozen sections). Tissue samples were fixed with paraformaldehyde and blocked with 10% serum for 1 hour at 22°C. The sample was incubated with primary antibody (1/500) at 4°C for 16 hours. An Alexa Fluor®488-conjugated Goat polyclonal to mouse IgG (1/1000) was used as secondary antibody.
ab51502 staining SATB2 in human fetal cortex tissue by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections). Tissue was fixed with paraformaldehyde and a heat mediated antigen retrieval step was performed using 10mM citrate buffer pH 6.0. Samples were then blocked with 10% serum for 1 hour at 25°C followed by incubation with the primary antibody at a 1/100 dilution for 24 hours at 4°C. A Cy3®-conjugated horse anti-mouse polyclonal was used as secondary antibody at a 1/200 dilution. Counter-stained with DAPI (blue).
ab51502 staining SATB2 (red) in a mouse cortex e17.5 cells by ICC/IF (Immunocytochemistry/immunofluorescence). Cells were fixed with paraformaldehyde, permeabilized with Triton X-100 and blocked with 3% Donkey serum for 20 minutes at 22°C. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/10) for 90 minutes at 22°C. An Alexa Fluor®555-conjugated Donkey anti-mouse polyclonal (1/200) was used as the secondary antibody.
Green: CTIP2 (ab18465) staining
Blue: TBR1 (ab31940) staining
References for Anti-SATB2 antibody [SATBA4B10] (ab51502)
This product has been referenced in:
- Ueno M et al. Layer V cortical neurons require microglial support for survival during postnatal development. Nat Neurosci 16:543-51 (2013). Read more (PubMed: 23525041) »
- Saurat N et al. Dicer is required for neural stem cell multipotency and lineage progression during cerebral cortex development. Neural Dev 8:14 (2013). Read more (PubMed: 23895693) »