SB 203580 hydrochloride (ab120235)
- Product nameSB 203580 hydrochloride
- Descriptionp38 MAP kinase inhibitor; water soluble
- Biological descriptionWater soluble, cell permeable p38 MAP kinase inhibitor. Shows selectivity over many other kinases but also shown to have some inhibitory activity against GAK, CK1 , RIP2 c-Raf and GSK3.
- Purity> 99%
- Chemical name4-[4-(4-Fluorophenyl)-2-[4-(methylsulfinyl)phenyl]-1H-imidazol-5-yl]pyridine hydrochloride
- Molecular Weight413.90
- Chemical structure
- Molecular formulaC21H16FN3OS.HCl
- CAS Number869185-85-3
- PubChem identifier16760644
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C (desiccating conditions).
- Solubility overviewSoluble in water to 5 mM (at room temperature) and in water to 25 mM (with warming)
Providing storage is as stated on the product vial and the vial is kept tightly sealed, the product can be stored for up to 6 months.
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab120235 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Functional Studies||FuncS: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
SB 203580 hydrochloride images
MDA-MB-231 cells cells were incubated at 37°C for 24h with vehicle control (0 µM) and varied concentrations of SB 203580 hydrochloride (ab120235). Decreased expression of uPA receptor in MDA-MB-231 cells cells correlates with an increase in SB 203580 hydrochloride concentration, as described in literature.
Whole cell lysates were prepared with RIPA buffer (containing protease inhibitors and sodium orthovanadate), 10µg of each were loaded on the gel and the WB was run under reducing conditions. After transfer the membrane was blocked for an hour using 5% BSA before being incubated with ab103791 at 1 µg/ml and ab1801 at 1 µg/ml overnight at 4°C. Antibody binding was detected using an anti-rabbit antibody conjugated to HRP (ab97051) at 1/10000 dilution and visualised using ECL development solution.
References for SB 203580 hydrochloride (ab120235)
This product has been referenced in:
- Cuenda A & Rousseau S p38 MAP-kinases pathway regulation, function and role in human diseases. Biochim Biophys Acta 1773:1358-75 (2007). Read more (PubMed: 17481747) »
- Bain J et al. The selectivity of protein kinase inhibitors: a further update. Biochem J 408:297-315 (2007). Read more (PubMed: 17850214) »
- Kumar S et al. Pyridinylimidazole compound SB 203580 inhibits the activity but not the activation of p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 263:825-31 (1999). Read more (PubMed: 10512765) »