Anti-SDF1 alpha antibody (ab25117)
- Product nameAnti-SDF1 alpha antibodySee all SDF1 alpha primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to SDF1 alpha
- SpecificityThis antibody will react with mouse and rat SDF 1alpha.
- Tested applicationsIHC-Fr, Flow Cyt, IHC-P, WB, IP more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat
Predicted to work with: Human
E.coli expressed Mouse SDF1 alpha.
- Positive controlB Cells.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C long term. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium Azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab25117 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use at an assay dependent dilution. PubMed: 20871610|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution. PubMed: 21224081|
|WB||WB: 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 11 kDa.|
|IP||IP: 1/300 - 1/500.|
- FunctionChemoattractant active on T-lymphocytes, monocytes, but not neutrophils. Activates the C-X-C chemokine receptor CXCR4 to induce a rapid and transient rise in the level of intracellular calcium ions and chemotaxis. SDF-1-beta(3-72) and SDF-1-alpha(3-67) show a reduced chemotactic activity. Binding to cell surface proteoglycans seems to inhibit formation of SDF-1-alpha(3-67) and thus to preserve activity on local sites. Acts as a positive regulator of monocyte migration and a negative regulator of monocyte adhesion via the Lyn kinase. Stimulates migration of monocytes through its receptor, CXCR4, and decreases monocyte adherence to surfaces coated with ICAM-1, a ligand for beta-2 integrins. SDF1A/CXCR4 signaling axis inhibits beta-2 integrin LFA-1 mediated adhesion of monocytes to ICAM-1 through Lyn kinase.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the intercrine alpha (chemokine CxC) family.
modificationsProcessed forms SDF-1-beta(3-72) and SDF-1-alpha(3-67) are produced after secretion by proteolytic cleavage of isoforms Beta and Alpha, respectively. The N-terminal processing is probably achieved by DPP4. Isoform Alpha is first cleaved at the C-terminus to yield a SDF-1-alpha(1-67) intermediate before being processsed at the N-terminus. The C-terminal processing of isoform Alpha is reduced by binding to heparin and, probably, cell surface proteoglycans.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
- C-X-C motif chemokine 12 antibodyChemokine (C X C motif) ligand 12 antibodyChemokine (C X C motif) ligand 12 antibody
- CXCL12 antibodyCXCL12 antibodyhIRH antibodyhIRH antibodyhSDF-1 antibodyIntercrine reduced in hepatomas antibodyIRH antibodyPBSF antibodyPBSF antibodyPre B cell growth stimulating factor antibodyPre B cell growth stimulating factor antibodyPre-B cell growth-stimulating factor antibodySCYB12 antibodySCYB12 antibodySDF 1 alpha antibodySDF 1 antibodySDF 1 beta antibodySDF 1b antibodySDF-1 antibodySDF-1-alpha(3-67) antibodySDF1 antibodySDF1_HUMAN antibodySDF1a antibodySDF1b antibodySDF1b antibodyStromal cell derived factor 1 antibodyStromal cell derived factor 1 antibodyTLSF a antibodyTLSF antibodyTLSF b antibodyTLSFa antibodyTLSFa antibodyTLSFb antibodyTLSFb antibodyTPAR1 antibodyTPAR1 antibody
Anti-SDF1 alpha antibody images
Predicted band size : 11 kDa
ab25117 staining SDF1 alpha in murine brain tissue by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections).Tissue was fixed in paraformaldehyde and a heat mediated antigen retrieval step was performed using 10 mM citrate pH 6.0. Samples were then blocked with 10% serum for 30 minutes at 25°C and incubated with ab25117 at a 1/100 dilution for 2 hours at 25°C. The secondary used was an undiluted Alexa-Fluor 488 conjugated goat polyclonal.
Immunohistochemical analysis of murine epileptic brain tissue, staining SDF1 alpha with ab25117.
Sections were blocked (2% BSA + 10% normal goat serum in 0.1% Triton X-100) for 1 hour at room temperature before being incubated with primary antibody overnight at 4°C. An AlexaFluor®647-conjugated goat anti-rabbit IgG (1/1000) was used as the secondary antibody.
References for Anti-SDF1 alpha antibody (ab25117)
This product has been referenced in:
- Poncin G et al. Characterization of spontaneous bone marrow recovery after sublethal total body irradiation: importance of the osteoblastic/adipocytic balance. PLoS One 7:e30818 (2012). IHC-Fr ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 22363493) »
- Laschke MW et al. Endothelial progenitor cells contribute to the vascularization of endometriotic lesions. Am J Pathol 178:442-50 (2011). IHC-P ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 21224081) »