Anti-SDHA antibody (ab66484)
- Product nameAnti-SDHA antibodySee all SDHA primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to SDHA
- Tested applicationsWB, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Horse, Cow
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH derived from within residues 1 - 100 of Human SDHA.
(Peptide available as ab66483.)
- Positive control
- This antibody gave a positive signal in the following Human lysates: HepG2 Whole Cell HeLa Whole Cell Heart Tissue Thymus Tissue
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Energy transfer pathways
- Integration of energy
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab66484 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 73 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 73 kDa).Can be blocked with Human SDHA peptide (ab66483).|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
- FunctionFlavoprotein (FP) subunit of succinate dehydrogenase (SDH) that is involved in complex II of the mitochondrial electron transport chain and is responsible for transferring electrons from succinate to ubiquinone (coenzyme Q).
- PathwayCarbohydrate metabolism; tricarboxylic acid cycle; fumarate from succinate (eukaryal route): step 1/1.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in SDHA are a cause of mitochondrial complex II deficiency (MT-C2D) [MIM:252011]. A disorder of the mitochondrial respiratory chain with heterogeneous clinical manifestations. Clinical features include psychomotor regression in infants, poor growth with lack of speech development, severe spastic quadriplegia, dystonia, progressive leukoencephalopathy, muscle weakness, exercise intolerance, cardiomyopathy. Some patients manifest Leigh syndrome or Kearns-Sayre syndrome.
Defects in SDHA are a cause of Leigh syndrome (LS) [MIM:256000]. LS is a severe disorder characterized by bilaterally symmetrical necrotic lesions in subcortical brain regions.
Defects in SDHA are the cause of cardiomyopathy dilated type 1GG (CMD1GG) [MIM:613642]. CMD1GG is a disorder characterized by ventricular dilation and impaired systolic function, resulting in congestive heart failure and arrhythmia. Patients are at risk of premature death.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the FAD-dependent oxidoreductase 2 family. FRD/SDH subfamily.
- Cellular localizationMitochondrion inner membrane.
- CMD1GG antibody
- DHSA_HUMAN antibody
- Flavoprotein subunit of complex II antibody
- FP antibody
- PGL5 antibody
- SDH 2 antibody
- SDH1 antibody
- SDH2 antibody
- SDHA antibody
- SDHF antibody
- Succinate dehydrogenase [ubiquinone] flavoprotein subunit antibody
- Succinate dehydrogenase [ubiquinone] flavoprotein subunit mitochondrial antibody
- Succinate dehydrogenase [ubiquinone] flavoprotein subunit, mitochondrial antibody
- Succinate dehydrogenase complex flavoprotein subunit antibody
- Succinate dehydrogenase complex flavoprotein subunit precursor antibody
- Succinate dehydrogenase complex subunit A antibody
- Succinate dehydrogenase complex subunit A flavoprotein antibody
Anti-SDHA antibody images
All lanes : Anti-SDHA antibody (ab66484) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HepG2 (Human hepatocellular liver carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 3 :
Heart (Human) Tissue Lysate - adult normal tissue (ab29431)
Lane 4 :
Thymus (Human) Tissue Lysate - adult normal tissue (ab30146)
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 73 kDa
Observed band size : 73 kDa
ICC/IF image of ab66484 stained MCF7 cells. The cells were 100% methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab66484, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM. This antibody also gave a positive result in 100% methanol fixed (5 min) HeLa, Hek293 and HepG2 cells at 5µg/ml, and in 4% PFA fixed (10 min) HeLa and Hek293 cells at 1µg/ml.