Anti-SERCA1 ATPase antibody (ab124501)
- Product nameAnti-SERCA1 ATPase antibodySee all SERCA1 ATPase primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to SERCA1 ATPase
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Cow, Pig, Gorilla
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH derived from within residues 350 - 450 of Human SERCA1 ATPase.
- Positive controlThis antibody gave a positive signal in Human, Mouse and Rat Skeletal Muscle tissue lysates and human skeletal muscle FFPE tissue sections
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Note: Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab124501 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 99 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 110 kDa).|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
- FunctionThis magnesium-dependent enzyme catalyzes the hydrolysis of ATP coupled with the translocation of calcium from the cytosol to the sarcoplasmic reticulum lumen. Contributes to calcium sequestration involved in muscular excitation/contraction.
- Tissue specificitySkeletal muscle, fast twitch muscle (type II) fibers.
- Involvement in diseaseBrody myopathy (BRM) [MIM:601003]: A disorder of muscle function that is characterized by painless muscle cramping and exercise-induced impairment of muscle relaxation. Note=The disease is caused by mutations affecting the gene represented in this entry.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the cation transport ATPase (P-type) (TC 3.A.3) family. Type IIA subfamily.
- Developmental stageIsoform SERCA1A accounts for more than 99% of SERCA1 isoforms expressed in adult skeletal muscle, while isoform SERCA1B predominates in neo-natal skeletal muscle.
- Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum membrane. Sarcoplasmic reticulum membrane.
- fast twitch skeletal muscle isoform antibodyAT2A1_HUMAN antibodyATP2A antibody
- ATP2A1 antibodyATPase Ca++ transporting cardiac muscle fast twitch 1 antibodyATPase Ca++ transporting fast twitch 1 antibodyATPase, Ca(2+)-transporting fast twitch 1 antibodyCalcium pump 1 antibodyCalcium transporting ATPase sarcoplasmic reticulum type fast twitch skeletal muscle isoform antibodyCalcium-transporting ATPase sarcoplasmic reticulum type antibodyEC 22.214.171.124 antibodyEndoplasmic reticulum class 1/2 Ca(2+) ATPase antibodyFast skeletal muscle SR calcium ATPase antibodyfast twitch skeletal muscle isoform antibodyOTTHUMP00000162561 antibodyOTTHUMP00000162562 antibodySarcoendoplasmic reticulum calcium ATPase antibodySarcoplasmic reticulum Ca(2+)-ATPase 1 antibodySarcoplasmic/endoplasmic reticulum calcium ATPase 1 antibodySERCA 1 antibodySERCA1 antibodySERCA1 truncated isoform, included antibodySR Ca(2+) ATPase 1 antibodySR Ca(2+)-ATPase 1 antibody
Anti-SERCA1 ATPase antibody images
All lanes : Anti-SERCA1 ATPase antibody (ab124501) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 :
Skeletal Muscle (Human) Tissue Lysate - adult normal tissue (ab29330)
Lane 2 : Skeletal Muscle (Mouse) Tissue Lysate
Lane 3 : Skeletal Muscle (Rat) Tissue Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Goat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Rabbit IgG - H&L (HRP), pre-adsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 110 kDa
Exposure time : 30 seconds
IHC image of ab124501 staining in human skeletal muscle formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab124501, 1µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
References for Anti-SERCA1 ATPase antibody (ab124501)
ab124501 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.