Anti-SGK1 antibody [Y238] (ab32374)
- Product nameAnti-SGK1 antibody [Y238]See all SGK1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [Y238] to SGK1
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-P, Flow Cyt, IP more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
A synthetic peptide corresponding to residues of human SGK1.
- Positive control
- WB: A431 and NIH3T3 cell lysates. IHC-P: Human kidney carcinoma.
- General notesProduced under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPBS 49%,Sodium azide 0.01%,Glycerol 50%,BSA 0.05%
- Concentration information loading...
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberY238
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab32374 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/500. Detects a band of approximately 57 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 49 kDa).|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: 1/30.|
- FunctionProtein kinase that plays an important role in cellular stress response. Activates certain potassium, sodium, and chloride channels, suggesting an involvement in the regulation of processes such as cell survival, neuronal excitability and renal sodium excretion. Sustained high levels and activity may contribute to conditions such as hypertension and diabetic nephropathy. Mediates cell survival signals, phosphorylates and negatively regulates pro-apoptotic FOXO3A. Phosphorylates NEDD4L, which leads to its inactivation and to the subsequent activation of various channels and transporters such as ENaC, KCNA3/Kv1.3 or EAAT1. Isoform 2 exhibited a greater effect on cell plasma membrane expression of ENaC and Na(+) transport than isoform 1.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in most tissues with highest levels in the pancreas, followed by placenta, kidney and lung. Isoform 2 is strongly expressed in brain and pancreas, weaker in heart, placenta, lung, liver and skeletal muscle.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. AGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family.
Contains 1 AGC-kinase C-terminal domain.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
- DomainIsoform 2 subcellular localization at the plasma membrane is mediated by the sequences within the first 120 amino acids.
modificationsRegulated by phosphorylation. Phosphoinositide 3-kinase (PI3-kinase) pathway promotes phosphorylation at Ser-422 which in turn increases the phosphorylation of Thr-256 by PDPK1.
Ubiquitinated by NEDD4L; which promotes proteasomal degradation. Ubiquitinated by SYVN1 at the endoplasmic reticulum; which promotes rapid proteasomal degradation and maintains a high turnover rate in resting cells. Isoform 2 shows enhanced stability. Isoform 2 resistance to proteasomal degradation is mediated by the sequences within the first 120-amino acid.
- Cellular localizationCell membrane and Cytoplasm. Nucleus. Endoplasmic reticulum. Nuclear, upon phosphorylation.
- Serine/threonine protein kinase SGK antibody
- Serine/threonine protein kinase Sgk1 antibody
- Serine/threonine-protein kinase Sgk1 antibody
- Serum and glucocorticoid regulated kinase antibody
- Serum/glucocorticoid regulated kinase 1 antibody
- Serum/glucocorticoid regulated kinase 1 antibody
- Serum/glucocorticoid regulated kinase antibody
- Serum/glucocorticoid-regulated kinase 1 antibody
- SGK 1 antibody
- SGK antibody
- SGK1 antibody
- SGK1_HUMAN antibody
Anti-SGK1 antibody [Y238] images
All lanes : Anti-SGK1 antibody [Y238] (ab32374) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : A431 cell lysate
Lane 2 : NIH3T3 cell lysate
Predicted band size : 49 kDa
Observed band size : 57 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Ab32374, at a 1/50 dilution, staining SGK1 in paraffin embedded human kidney carcinoma tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry.
Overlay histogram showing HEK293 cells stained with ab32374 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab32374, 1/100) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) (ab96899) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was rabbit IgG (monoclonal) (1µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed. This antibody gave a positive signal in HEK293 cells fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min)/permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min used under the same conditions.
References for Anti-SGK1 antibody [Y238] (ab32374)
This product has been referenced in:
- Ronchi CL et al. Low SGK1 expression in human adrenocortical tumors is associated with ACTH-independent glucocorticoid secretion and poor prognosis. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 97:E2251-60 (2012). IHC ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 23055545) »
- Cordas E et al. Subcellular location of serum- and glucocorticoid-induced kinase-1 in renal and mammary epithelial cells. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 292:C1971-81 (2007). Read more (PubMed: 17202226) »