Anti-SGK1 antibody (ab55678)
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
PBS, pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Light chain typekappa
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab55678 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 - 5 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 49 kDa.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 3 µg/ml.|
- FunctionProtein kinase that plays an important role in cellular stress response. Activates certain potassium, sodium, and chloride channels, suggesting an involvement in the regulation of processes such as cell survival, neuronal excitability and renal sodium excretion. Sustained high levels and activity may contribute to conditions such as hypertension and diabetic nephropathy. Mediates cell survival signals, phosphorylates and negatively regulates pro-apoptotic FOXO3A. Phosphorylates NEDD4L, which leads to its inactivation and to the subsequent activation of various channels and transporters such as ENaC, KCNA3/Kv1.3 or EAAT1. Isoform 2 exhibited a greater effect on cell plasma membrane expression of ENaC and Na(+) transport than isoform 1.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in most tissues with highest levels in the pancreas, followed by placenta, kidney and lung. Isoform 2 is strongly expressed in brain and pancreas, weaker in heart, placenta, lung, liver and skeletal muscle.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. AGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family.
Contains 1 AGC-kinase C-terminal domain.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
- DomainIsoform 2 subcellular localization at the plasma membrane is mediated by the sequences within the first 120 amino acids.
modificationsRegulated by phosphorylation. Phosphoinositide 3-kinase (PI3-kinase) pathway promotes phosphorylation at Ser-422 which in turn increases the phosphorylation of Thr-256 by PDPK1.
Ubiquitinated by NEDD4L; which promotes proteasomal degradation. Ubiquitinated by SYVN1 at the endoplasmic reticulum; which promotes rapid proteasomal degradation and maintains a high turnover rate in resting cells. Isoform 2 shows enhanced stability. Isoform 2 resistance to proteasomal degradation is mediated by the sequences within the first 120-amino acid.
- Cellular localizationCell membrane and Cytoplasm. Nucleus. Endoplasmic reticulum. Nuclear, upon phosphorylation.
- Serine/threonine protein kinase SGK antibody
- Serine/threonine protein kinase Sgk1 antibody
- Serine/threonine-protein kinase Sgk1 antibody
- Serum and glucocorticoid regulated kinase antibody
- Serum/glucocorticoid regulated kinase 1 antibody
- Serum/glucocorticoid regulated kinase antibody
- Serum/glucocorticoid-regulated kinase 1 antibody
- SGK 1 antibody
- SGK antibody
- SGK1 antibody
- SGK1_HUMAN antibody
Anti-SGK1 antibody images
SGK1 antibody (ab55678) used in immunofluorescence at 10ug/ml on HeLa cells.
SGK1 antibody (ab55678) used in immunohistochemistry at 3ug/ml on formalin fixed and paraffin embedded human kidney.
References for Anti-SGK1 antibody (ab55678)
ab55678 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.