Anti-SGK1 antibody (ab55685)
- Product nameAnti-SGK1 antibodySee all SGK1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal to SGK1
- Tested applicationsIHC-P, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Recombinant fragment: MTVKTEAAKG TLTYSRMRGM VAILIAFMKQ RRMGLNDFIQ KIANNSYACK HPEVQSILKI SQPQEPELMN ANPSPPPSPS QQINLGPSSN , corresponding to amino acids 1-91 of Human SGK1
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
PBS, pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Light chain typekappa
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab55685 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
IHC-P: Use at a concentration of 3 µg/ml.
This antibody has only been tested in WB against the recombinant fragment used as immunogen. We have no data on the detection of endogenous protein.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionProtein kinase that plays an important role in cellular stress response. Activates certain potassium, sodium, and chloride channels, suggesting an involvement in the regulation of processes such as cell survival, neuronal excitability and renal sodium excretion. Sustained high levels and activity may contribute to conditions such as hypertension and diabetic nephropathy. Mediates cell survival signals, phosphorylates and negatively regulates pro-apoptotic FOXO3A. Phosphorylates NEDD4L, which leads to its inactivation and to the subsequent activation of various channels and transporters such as ENaC, KCNA3/Kv1.3 or EAAT1. Isoform 2 exhibited a greater effect on cell plasma membrane expression of ENaC and Na(+) transport than isoform 1.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in most tissues with highest levels in the pancreas, followed by placenta, kidney and lung. Isoform 2 is strongly expressed in brain and pancreas, weaker in heart, placenta, lung, liver and skeletal muscle.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. AGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family.
Contains 1 AGC-kinase C-terminal domain.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
- DomainIsoform 2 subcellular localization at the plasma membrane is mediated by the sequences within the first 120 amino acids.
modificationsRegulated by phosphorylation. Phosphoinositide 3-kinase (PI3-kinase) pathway promotes phosphorylation at Ser-422 which in turn increases the phosphorylation of Thr-256 by PDPK1.
Ubiquitinated by NEDD4L; which promotes proteasomal degradation. Ubiquitinated by SYVN1 at the endoplasmic reticulum; which promotes rapid proteasomal degradation and maintains a high turnover rate in resting cells. Isoform 2 shows enhanced stability. Isoform 2 resistance to proteasomal degradation is mediated by the sequences within the first 120-amino acid.
- Cellular localizationCell membrane and Cytoplasm. Nucleus. Endoplasmic reticulum. Nuclear, upon phosphorylation.
- Serine/threonine protein kinase SGK antibody
- Serine/threonine protein kinase Sgk1 antibody
- Serine/threonine-protein kinase Sgk1 antibody
- Serum and glucocorticoid regulated kinase antibody
- Serum/glucocorticoid regulated kinase 1 antibody
- Serum/glucocorticoid regulated kinase antibody
- Serum/glucocorticoid-regulated kinase 1 antibody
- SGK 1 antibody
- SGK antibody
- SGK1 antibody
- SGK1_HUMAN antibody
Anti-SGK1 antibody images
SGK1 antibody (ab55685) used in immunohistochemistry at 3ug/ml on formalin fixed and paraffin embedded human lung.
Western blot against tagged recombinant protein immunogen using ab55685 SGK1 antibody at 1ug/ml. Predicted band size of immunogen is 36 kDa
References for Anti-SGK1 antibody (ab55685)
ab55685 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.