Anti-SGK1 antibody (ab59337)
- Product nameAnti-SGK1 antibodySee all SGK1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to SGK1
- SpecificityDetects endogenous levels of total SGK protein.
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, WB, ELISA, IHC-FoFr, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthesized non-phosphopeptide derived from human SGK1 around the phosphorylation site of serine 78 (P-P-SP-P-S).
- Positive controlHuman brain.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS, 150mM Sodium chloride, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab59337 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 55 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 49 kDa).|
|IHC-FoFr||IHC-FoFr: Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 20459597|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/50 - 1/100.|
- FunctionProtein kinase that plays an important role in cellular stress response. Activates certain potassium, sodium, and chloride channels, suggesting an involvement in the regulation of processes such as cell survival, neuronal excitability and renal sodium excretion. Sustained high levels and activity may contribute to conditions such as hypertension and diabetic nephropathy. Mediates cell survival signals, phosphorylates and negatively regulates pro-apoptotic FOXO3A. Phosphorylates NEDD4L, which leads to its inactivation and to the subsequent activation of various channels and transporters such as ENaC, KCNA3/Kv1.3 or EAAT1. Isoform 2 exhibited a greater effect on cell plasma membrane expression of ENaC and Na(+) transport than isoform 1.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in most tissues with highest levels in the pancreas, followed by placenta, kidney and lung. Isoform 2 is strongly expressed in brain and pancreas, weaker in heart, placenta, lung, liver and skeletal muscle.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. AGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family.
Contains 1 AGC-kinase C-terminal domain.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
- DomainIsoform 2 subcellular localization at the plasma membrane is mediated by the sequences within the first 120 amino acids.
modificationsRegulated by phosphorylation. Phosphoinositide 3-kinase (PI3-kinase) pathway promotes phosphorylation at Ser-422 which in turn increases the phosphorylation of Thr-256 by PDPK1.
Ubiquitinated by NEDD4L; which promotes proteasomal degradation. Ubiquitinated by SYVN1 at the endoplasmic reticulum; which promotes rapid proteasomal degradation and maintains a high turnover rate in resting cells. Isoform 2 shows enhanced stability. Isoform 2 resistance to proteasomal degradation is mediated by the sequences within the first 120-amino acid.
- Cellular localizationCell membrane and Cytoplasm. Nucleus. Endoplasmic reticulum. Nuclear, upon phosphorylation.
- Serine/threonine protein kinase SGK antibodySerine/threonine protein kinase Sgk1 antibodySerine/threonine-protein kinase Sgk1 antibody
- Serum and glucocorticoid regulated kinase antibodySerum/glucocorticoid regulated kinase 1 antibodySerum/glucocorticoid regulated kinase antibodySerum/glucocorticoid-regulated kinase 1 antibodySGK 1 antibodySGK antibodySGK1 antibodySGK1_HUMAN antibody
Anti-SGK1 antibody images
All lanes : Anti-SGK1 antibody (ab59337) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : 293 cells treated with heat shock
Lane 2 : 293 cells treated with heat shock with immunizing non-phosphopeptide
Predicted band size : 49 kDa
Observed band size : 55 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
ab59337, at a 1/50-1/100 dilution, staining SGK1 in Human brain sections.
ab59337, at a 1/50-1/100 dilution, staining SGK1 in Human brain sections, in the presence of the immunizing peptide.
ICC/IF image of ab59337 stained HepG2 cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab59337, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
References for Anti-SGK1 antibody (ab59337)
This product has been referenced in:
- Yuen EY et al. Mechanisms for acute stress-induced enhancement of glutamatergic transmission and working memory. Mol Psychiatry : (2010). Read more (PubMed: 20458323) »
- Piechota M et al. The dissection of transcriptional modules regulated by various drugs of abuse in the mouse striatum. Genome Biol 11:R48 (2010). WB, IHC-FoFr ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 20459597) »