Anti-SGK1 (phospho S422) antibody (ab55281)
- Product nameAnti-SGK1 (phospho S422) antibodySee all SGK1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to SGK1 (phospho S422)
- Specificityab55281 detects endogenous levels of SGK1 only when phosphorylated at serine 422.
- Tested applicationsWB, ELISA, IHC-P, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic phosphopeptide derived from human SGK1 around the phosphorylation site of serine 422 (G-F-SP-Y-A).
- Positive controlhuman breast carcinoma tissue, extracts from HeLa cells treated with Insulin
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS, 150mM Sodium chloride, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesThe antibody against non-phosphopeptide was removed by chromatography using non-phosphopeptide corresponding to the phosphorylation site.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab55281 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 60 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 49 kDa).|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 1 - 5 µg/ml.|
- FunctionProtein kinase that plays an important role in cellular stress response. Activates certain potassium, sodium, and chloride channels, suggesting an involvement in the regulation of processes such as cell survival, neuronal excitability and renal sodium excretion. Sustained high levels and activity may contribute to conditions such as hypertension and diabetic nephropathy. Mediates cell survival signals, phosphorylates and negatively regulates pro-apoptotic FOXO3A. Phosphorylates NEDD4L, which leads to its inactivation and to the subsequent activation of various channels and transporters such as ENaC, KCNA3/Kv1.3 or EAAT1. Isoform 2 exhibited a greater effect on cell plasma membrane expression of ENaC and Na(+) transport than isoform 1.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in most tissues with highest levels in the pancreas, followed by placenta, kidney and lung. Isoform 2 is strongly expressed in brain and pancreas, weaker in heart, placenta, lung, liver and skeletal muscle.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. AGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family.
Contains 1 AGC-kinase C-terminal domain.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
- DomainIsoform 2 subcellular localization at the plasma membrane is mediated by the sequences within the first 120 amino acids.
modificationsRegulated by phosphorylation. Phosphoinositide 3-kinase (PI3-kinase) pathway promotes phosphorylation at Ser-422 which in turn increases the phosphorylation of Thr-256 by PDPK1.
Ubiquitinated by NEDD4L; which promotes proteasomal degradation. Ubiquitinated by SYVN1 at the endoplasmic reticulum; which promotes rapid proteasomal degradation and maintains a high turnover rate in resting cells. Isoform 2 shows enhanced stability. Isoform 2 resistance to proteasomal degradation is mediated by the sequences within the first 120-amino acid.
- Cellular localizationCell membrane and Cytoplasm. Nucleus. Endoplasmic reticulum. Nuclear, upon phosphorylation.
- Serine/threonine protein kinase SGK antibodySerine/threonine protein kinase Sgk1 antibodySerine/threonine-protein kinase Sgk1 antibody
- Serum and glucocorticoid regulated kinase antibodySerum/glucocorticoid regulated kinase 1 antibodySerum/glucocorticoid regulated kinase antibodySerum/glucocorticoid-regulated kinase 1 antibodySGK 1 antibodySGK antibodySGK1 antibodySGK1_HUMAN antibody
Anti-SGK1 (phospho S422) antibody images
All lanes : Anti-SGK1 (phospho S422) antibody (ab55281) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : extracts from HeLa cells treated with Insulin (0.01U/ml, 15mins).
Lane 2 : extracts from HeLa cells treated with Insulin (0.01U/ml, 15mins), and incubated with the immunising phosphopeptide.
Predicted band size : 49 kDa
Immunohistochemical analysis of SGK1 (phospho S422) expression in human breast carcinoma tissue using 1/50 ab55281. Left: no phosphopeptide. Right: sample treated with immunising phosphopeptide.
ICC/IF image of ab55281 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% PFA fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab55281, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
References for Anti-SGK1 (phospho S422) antibody (ab55281)
This product has been referenced in:
- Szebeni B et al. Increased expression of serum- and glucocorticoid-regulated kinase-1 in the duodenal mucosa of children with coeliac disease. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 50:147-53 (2010). Read more (PubMed: 19966577) »