Anti-SGK1 (phospho S78) antibody (ab73206)
- Product nameAnti-SGK1 (phospho S78) antibodySee all SGK1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to SGK1 (phospho S78)
- Specificityab73206 detects endogenous levels of SGK1 only when phosphorylated at serine 78.
- Tested applicationsWB, ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat
Synthetic phosphopeptide derived from human SGK1 around the phosphorylation site of serine 78 (PPSPPS)
- Positive control
- Extracts from 293 cells treated with UV (15mins).
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS (without Mg2+ and Ca2+), 150mM Sodium chloride, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesab73206 was affinity-purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity-chromatography using epitope-specific phosphopeptide. The antibody against non-phosphopeptide was removed by chromatography using non-phosphopeptide corresponding to the phosphorylation site.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab73206 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 55 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 49 kDa).|
- FunctionProtein kinase that plays an important role in cellular stress response. Activates certain potassium, sodium, and chloride channels, suggesting an involvement in the regulation of processes such as cell survival, neuronal excitability and renal sodium excretion. Sustained high levels and activity may contribute to conditions such as hypertension and diabetic nephropathy. Mediates cell survival signals, phosphorylates and negatively regulates pro-apoptotic FOXO3A. Phosphorylates NEDD4L, which leads to its inactivation and to the subsequent activation of various channels and transporters such as ENaC, KCNA3/Kv1.3 or EAAT1. Isoform 2 exhibited a greater effect on cell plasma membrane expression of ENaC and Na(+) transport than isoform 1.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in most tissues with highest levels in the pancreas, followed by placenta, kidney and lung. Isoform 2 is strongly expressed in brain and pancreas, weaker in heart, placenta, lung, liver and skeletal muscle.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. AGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family.
Contains 1 AGC-kinase C-terminal domain.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
- DomainIsoform 2 subcellular localization at the plasma membrane is mediated by the sequences within the first 120 amino acids.
modificationsRegulated by phosphorylation. Phosphoinositide 3-kinase (PI3-kinase) pathway promotes phosphorylation at Ser-422 which in turn increases the phosphorylation of Thr-256 by PDPK1.
Ubiquitinated by NEDD4L; which promotes proteasomal degradation. Ubiquitinated by SYVN1 at the endoplasmic reticulum; which promotes rapid proteasomal degradation and maintains a high turnover rate in resting cells. Isoform 2 shows enhanced stability. Isoform 2 resistance to proteasomal degradation is mediated by the sequences within the first 120-amino acid.
- Cellular localizationCell membrane and Cytoplasm. Nucleus. Endoplasmic reticulum. Nuclear, upon phosphorylation.
- Serine/threonine protein kinase SGK antibody
- Serine/threonine protein kinase Sgk1 antibody
- Serine/threonine-protein kinase Sgk1 antibody
- Serum and glucocorticoid regulated kinase antibody
- Serum/glucocorticoid regulated kinase 1 antibody
- Serum/glucocorticoid regulated kinase antibody
- Serum/glucocorticoid-regulated kinase 1 antibody
- SGK 1 antibody
- SGK antibody
- SGK1 antibody
- SGK1_HUMAN antibody
Anti-SGK1 (phospho S78) antibody images
All lanes : Anti-SGK1 (phospho S78) antibody (ab73206) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Extracts from 293 cells treated with UV (15 mins)
Lane 2 : Extracts from 293 cells treated with UV (15 mins) with immunising phosphopeptide at 10 µg
Lysates/proteins at 30 µg per lane.
Predicted band size : 49 kDa
Observed band size : 55 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Additional bands at : 116 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
References for Anti-SGK1 (phospho S78) antibody (ab73206)
ab73206 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.