Anti-SMAD 1/5/8/9 antibody (ab13723)
- Product nameAnti-SMAD 1/5/8/9 antibody
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to SMAD 1/5/8/9
- Specificityab13723 may cross-react with SMAD2 or SMAD3. The actual SMADs detected with this antibody may vary according to cell or tissue-type specific expression
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide, corresponding to amino acids 18-32 and amino acids 315-329 of Human SMAD1. These sequences are identical in human SMAD5 and SMAD8/9.
- Positive controlA549 whole cell lysate.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.05% BSA, PBS
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab13723 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 0.5 - 2 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 51 kDa.|
- RelevanceSMADs are members of the MAD-related family of molecules. MAD-related proteins are a family of intracellular proteins that are essential components in the signaling pathways of the serine/threonine kinase receptors of the transforming growth factor beta superfamily. SMADs can be divided into receptor-regulated SMADs, common-mediator SMAD and inhibitory SMADs. SMAD1, SMAD5, SMAD8 and SMAD9 have high degrees of homology. SMAD8 and SMAD9 are used as alternate names for the same protein. Human SMAD1 is a 465 amino acid protein, human SMAD5 is a 465 amino acid and human SMAD9 is a 430 amino acid protein.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasmic
- DPC4 antibodyMadh6 antibodyMADH9 antibody
- MADR1 antibodySMAD family member 1 antibodySMAD family member 5 antibodySMAD family member 9 antibodySMAD8A antibodySMAD8B antibody
Anti-SMAD 1/5/8/9 antibody images
Western blot analysis of SMAD1/5/8/9 in 15 ugs of A549 cell lysate using ab13723 at 0.5 ug/ml.
References for Anti-SMAD 1/5/8/9 antibody (ab13723)
ab13723 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.