Anti-SMAD 1 + SMAD9 antibody [EPR2290(2)] (ab108965)
- Product nameAnti-SMAD 1 + SMAD9 antibody [EPR2290(2)]
- DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR2290(2)] to SMAD 1 + SMAD9
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to residues in Human SMAD 1 + SMAD9.
- Positive control293T, A673, Human heart and HeLa lysates
- General notesProduced under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C
- Storage bufferPBS 49%,Sodium azide 0.01%,Glycerol 50%,BSA 0.05%
- PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberEPR2290(2)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab108965 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/1000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 58 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 52 kDa).|
- FunctionTranscriptional modulator activated by BMP (bone morphogenetic proteins) type 1 receptor kinase. SMAD1 is a receptor-regulated SMAD (R-SMAD). SMAD1/OAZ1/PSMB4 complex mediates the degradation of the CREBBP/EP300 repressor SNIP1.
- Tissue specificityUbiquitous. Highest expression seen in the heart and skeletal muscle.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the dwarfin/SMAD family.
Contains 1 MH1 (MAD homology 1) domain.
Contains 1 MH2 (MAD homology 2) domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated on serine by BMP type 1 receptor kinase.
Ubiquitin-mediated proteolysis by SMAD-specific E3 ubiquitin ligase SMURF1.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Cytoplasmic in the absence of ligand. Migrates to the nucleus when complexed with SMAD4. Co-localizes with LEMD3 at the nucleus inner membrane.
- BSP-1 antibodyBSP1 antibodyHsMAD1 antibody
- JV4-1 antibodyMAD homolog 1 antibodyMad-related protein 1 antibodyMADH1 antibodyMADR1 antibodyMothers against decapentaplegic homolog 1 antibodyMothers against DPP homolog 1 antibodySMAD 1 antibodySMAD family member 1 antibodySmad1 antibodySMAD1_HUMAN antibodyTransforming growth factor-beta-signaling protein 1 antibody
Anti-SMAD 1 + SMAD9 antibody [EPR2290(2)] images
All lanes : Anti-SMAD 1 + SMAD9 antibody [EPR2290(2)] (ab108965) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : 293T lysate
Lane 2 : A673 lysate
Lane 3 : Human heart lysate
Lane 4 : HeLa lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Lanes 1, 3 & 4 : HRP labelled goat anti-rabbit at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size : 52 kDa
Observed band size : 58 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
References for Anti-SMAD 1 + SMAD9 antibody [EPR2290(2)] (ab108965)
ab108965 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.