Anti-SMAD1/5/9 antibody (ab80255)
- Product nameAnti-SMAD1/5/9 antibodySee all SMAD1/5/9 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to SMAD1/5/9
- Specificityab80255 detects endogenous levels of total SMAD1/5/9 protein.
- Tested applicationsIHC-FoFr, WB, ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse
Synthetic peptide derived from N terminal of human SMAD1/5/9
- Positive controlHeLa cell extracts (WB), P7 rat cortex (IHC)
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS (without Mg2+ and Ca2+), 150mM Sodium chloride, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesab80255 was affinity-purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity-chromatography using epitope-specific immunogen.
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab80255 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 52 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 52 kDa).|
- RelevanceSMADs are members of the MAD-related family of molecules. MAD-related proteins are a family of intracellular proteins that are essential components in the signaling pathways of the serine/threonine kinase receptors of the transforming growth factor beta superfamily. SMADs can be divided into receptor-regulated SMADs, common-mediator SMAD and inhibitory SMADs. SMAD1, SMAD5 and SMAD9 have high degrees of homology. SMAD8 and SMAD9 are used as alternate names for the same protein. Human SMAD1 is a 465 amino acid protein, human SMAD5 is a 465 amino acid and human SMAD9 is a 430 amino acid protein.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasmic and Nuclear
- Entrez Gene: 4086 Human
- Entrez Gene: 4093 Human
- Entrez Gene: 4090 Human
- Entrez Gene: 17129 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 17125 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 55994 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 25671 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 59328 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 85435 Rat
- Omim: 601595 Human
- Omim: 603110 Human
- Omim: 603295 Human
- SwissProt: Q15797 Human
- SwissProt: Q99717 Human
- SwissProt: O15198 Human
- SwissProt: P70340 Mouse
- SwissProt: P97454 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q9JIW5 Mouse
- SwissProt: P97588 Rat
- SwissProt: Q9R1V3 Rat
- SwissProt: O54835 Rat
- AI528653 antibodyBSP1 antibodyDKFZp781C1895 antibody
- DKFZp781O1323 antibodyDwarfin A antibodyDwf A antibodyDwfc antibodyhSMAD1 antibodyhSmad5 antibodyJV4 1 antibodyJV41 antibodyJV5 1 antibodyMAD (mothers against decapentaplegic, Drosophila) homolog 1 antibodyMAD (mothers against decapentaplegic, Drosophila) homolog 9 antibodyMAD homolog 1 antibodyMAD homolog 9 antibodyMAD homolog1 (mothers against decapentaplegic, Drosophila) antibodyMad related protein 1 antibodyMAD, mothers against decapentaplegic homolog 9 antibodyMadh1 antibodyMADH5 antibodyMADH6 antibodyMADH9 antibodyMADR1 antibodyMlp1 antibodyMothers against decapentaplegic, drosophila, homolog of, 9 antibodyMothers against DPP homolog 1 antibodyMothers against DPP homolog 9 antibodyMusMLP antibodyOTTHUMP00000178565 antibodyOTTMUSP00000022970 antibodyOTTMUSP00000022971 antibodyOTTMUSP00000022972 antibodyOTTMUSP0000002324 antibodyOTTMUSP00000023428 antibodySma- and Mad-related protein 1 antibodySMAD antibodySMAD family member 5 antibodySMAD8 antibodySMAD8A antibodySMAD8B antibodyTGF beta signaling protein 1 antibodyTransforming growth factor-beta signaling protein 1 antibody
Anti-SMAD1/5/9 antibody images
All lanes : Anti-SMAD1/5/9 antibody (ab80255) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : HeLa cell extracts
Lane 2 : HeLa cell extracts with immunising peptide at 10 µg
Lysates/proteins at 30 µg per lane.
Predicted band size : 52 kDa
Observed band size : 52 kDa
Immunohistomchemical detection of SMAD1/5/9 using antibody ab80255 on perfusion fixed P7 rat cortex sections. The animals were perfused with 4% PFA. The sections were incubated in 10% normal donkey serum in 0.1% PBS- and triton X100 for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The sections were then incubated with the antibody (ab80255, 1µg/ml) and (ab15640) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 568 (red) at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
References for Anti-SMAD1/5/9 antibody (ab80255)
ab80255 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.