Anti-SMAD1/5/9 antibody (ab66737)
- Product nameAnti-SMAD1/5/9 antibodySee all SMAD1/5/9 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to SMAD1/5/9
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, WB, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Dog, Human, Xenopus laevis, Zebrafish
Predicted to work with: Cow, Pig, Chimpanzee, Fruit fly (Drosophila melanogaster)
Synthetic peptide: VKGWGAEYHR QDVTSTPCWI EIHLHGPLQW LDKVLTQMGS PHNPISSV, corresponding to C terminal amino acids 417-466 of Human Smad1
- Positive controlJurkat cell lysate
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: 2% Sucrose, PBS
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab66737 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 0.625 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 62 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 52 kDa). Good results were obtained when blocked with 5% non-fat dry milk in 0.05% PBS-T.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
- RelevanceSMADs are members of the MAD-related family of molecules. MAD-related proteins are a family of intracellular proteins that are essential components in the signaling pathways of the serine/threonine kinase receptors of the transforming growth factor beta superfamily. SMADs can be divided into receptor-regulated SMADs, common-mediator SMAD and inhibitory SMADs. SMAD1, SMAD5 and SMAD9 have high degrees of homology. SMAD8 and SMAD9 are used as alternate names for the same protein. Human SMAD1 is a 465 amino acid protein, human SMAD5 is a 465 amino acid and human SMAD9 is a 430 amino acid protein.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasmic and Nuclear
- Entrez Gene: 4086 Human
- Entrez Gene: 4093 Human
- Entrez Gene: 4090 Human
- Entrez Gene: 17129 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 17125 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 55994 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 25671 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 59328 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 85435 Rat
- Omim: 601595 Human
- Omim: 603110 Human
- Omim: 603295 Human
- SwissProt: Q15797 Human
- SwissProt: Q99717 Human
- SwissProt: O15198 Human
- SwissProt: P70340 Mouse
- SwissProt: P97454 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q9JIW5 Mouse
- SwissProt: P97588 Rat
- SwissProt: Q9R1V3 Rat
- SwissProt: O54835 Rat
- AI528653 antibodyBSP 1 antibodyBSP1 antibody
- DKFZp781C1895 antibodyDKFZp781O1323 antibodyDwarfin A antibodyDwf A antibodyDwfA antibodyDwfc antibodyhSMAD1 antibodyhSmad5 antibodyJV 41 antibodyJV4 1 antibodyJV41 antibodyJV5 1 antibodyMAD (mothers against decapentaplegic, Drosophila) homolog 1 antibodyMAD (mothers against decapentaplegic, Drosophila) homolog 9 antibodyMAD homolog 1 antibodyMAD homolog 9 antibodyMAD homolog1 (mothers against decapentaplegic, Drosophila) antibodyMad related protein 1 antibodyMAD, mothers against decapentaplegic homolog 9 antibodyMADH 1 antibodyMadh1 antibodyMADH5 antibodyMADH6 antibodyMADH9 antibodyMadr 1 antibodyMADR1 antibodyMlp1 antibodyMothers against decapentaplegic, drosophila, homolog of, 9 antibodyMothers against DPP homolog 1 antibodyMothers against DPP homolog 9 antibodyMusMLP antibodyOTTHUMP00000178565 antibodyOTTMUSP00000022970 antibodyOTTMUSP00000022971 antibodyOTTMUSP00000022972 antibodyOTTMUSP0000002324 antibodyOTTMUSP00000023428 antibodySma and Mad related protein 1 antibodySma- and Mad-related protein 1 antibodySMAD antibodySMAD family member 5 antibodySMAD mothers against DPP homolog 1 Drosophila antibodySMAD8 antibodySMAD8A antibodySMAD8B antibodySpinal muscular atrophy distal with upper limb predominance antibodyTGF beta signaling protein 1 antibodyTransforming growth factor beta signaling protein 1 antibodyTransforming growth factor-beta signaling protein 1 antibody
Anti-SMAD1/5/9 antibody images
Anti-SMAD1/5/9 antibody (ab66737) at 0.625 µg/ml + Jurkat cell lysate at 10 µg
HRP conjugated anti-Rabbit IgG at 1/50000 dilution
Predicted band size : 52 kDa
Observed band size : 62 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
IHC image of ab66737 staining in human heart formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab66737, 1µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
ICC/IF image of ab66737 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 100% methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab66737, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
References for Anti-SMAD1/5/9 antibody (ab66737)
This product has been referenced in:
- Cayli S et al. Interaction between Smad1 and p97/VCP in rat testis and epididymis during the postnatal development. Reprod Sci 19:190-201 (2012). ICC/IF, WB ; Rat . Read more (PubMed: 22051847) »
- Liu C et al. TAK1 promotes BMP4/Smad1 signaling via inhibition of erk MAPK: a new link in the FGF/BMP regulatory network. Differentiation 83:210-9 (2012). WB ; Xenopus laevis . Read more (PubMed: 22387344) »