Anti-SMC1 antibody (ab21583)
- Product nameAnti-SMC1 antibodySee all SMC1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to SMC1
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, WB, IP, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Chicken, Xenopus laevis
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH derived from within residues 1200 to the C-terminus of Human SMC1.
(Peptide available as ab23863.)
- Positive controlHeLa and Jurkat whole cell lysate
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab21583 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 150 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 143 kDa).Can be blocked with SMC1 peptide (ab23863).|
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
- Entrez Gene: 8243 Human
- Entrez Gene: 27127 Human
- Entrez Gene: 27127 Human
- Entrez Gene: 24061 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 140557 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 63996 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 300121 Rat
- Omim: 608685 Human
- Omim: 300040 Human
- SwissProt: Q14683 Human
- SwissProt: Q8NDV3 Human
- SwissProt: Q8NDV3 Human
- SwissProt: Q9CU62 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q920F6 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q9Z1M9 Rat
- Unigene: 334176 Human
- Unigene: 182737 Mouse
- Unigene: 56972 Rat
- bK268H5 antibodybK268H5.5 antibodyCDLS2 antibody
- DKFZp686L19178 antibodyDKFZp686L19178 antibodyDXhXs423e antibodyDXS423E antibodyDXS423E antibodyFLJ43748 antibodyKIAA0178 antibodyMGC138332 antibodyMGC138332 antibodyOTTHUMP00000061876 antibodyRP6 29D12.1 antibodySb1.8 antibodySb1.8 antibodySB1.8 antibodySB1.8/DXS423E protein antibodySB1.8/DXS423E protein antibodySegregation of mitotic chromosomes 1 antibodySegregation of mitotic chromosomes like 1 antibodySMC 1 antibodySMC protein 1B antibodySMC-1-beta antibodySMC-1B antibodySMC1 antibodySMC1 antibodySMC1A antibodySMC1alpha antibodySMC1alpha protein antibodySMC1alpha protein antibodySMC1B antibodySMC1B_HUMAN antibodySMC1BETA antibodySMC1beta protein antibodySMC1L1 antibodySMC1L1 antibodySMC1L2 antibodySMC1L2 antibodySMCB antibodyStructural maintenance of chromosome 1 like 1 protein antibodyStructural maintenance of chromosome 1 like 2 protein antibodystructural maintenance of chromosomes 1-like 2 (yeast) antibodystructural maintenance of chromosomes 1-like 2 (yeast) antibodyStructural maintenance of chromosomes 1A antibodyStructural maintenance of chromosomes 1B antibodyStructural maintenance of chromosomes protein 1B antibodyStructural Maintenance of Chromosomes-1 Like 1 antibodyStructural Maintenance of Chromosomes-1 Like 1 antibody
Anti-SMC1 antibody images
All lanes : Anti-SMC1 antibody (ab21583) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : 20ug HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 :
Jurkat (Human T cell lymphoblast-like cell line) Whole Cell Lysate (ab7899) at 20 µg
Lane 3 : 20ug HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate with
SMC1 peptide (ab23863) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 4 :
Jurkat (Human T cell lymphoblast-like cell line) Whole Cell Lysate (ab7899) at 20 µg with SMC1 peptide (ab23863) at 1 µg/ml
Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG (Alexa Fluor® 680) (ab28446) at 1/10000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 143 kDa
Observed band size : 150 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
SMC1 was immunoprecipitated using 0.5mg Hela whole cell extract, 5µg of Rabbit polyclonal to SMC1 and 50µl of protein G magnetic beads (+). No antibody was added to the control (-).
The antibody was incubated under agitation with Protein G beads for 10min, Hela whole cell extract lysate diluted in RIPA buffer was added to each sample and incubated for a further 10min under agitation.
Proteins were eluted by addition of 40µl SDS loading buffer and incubated for 10min at 70oC; 10µl of each sample was separated on a SDS PAGE gel, transferred to a nitrocellulose membrane, blocked with 5% BSA and probed with ab21583.
Secondary: Goat polyclonal to mouse IgG light chain specific (HRP) at 1/5000 dilution.
Band: 150kDa: SMC1; Non specific - 41 and 42kDa: We are unsure as to the identity of this extra band.
ICC/IF image of ab21583 stained human HeLa cells. The cells were methanol fixed (5 min) and incubated with the antibody (ab21583, 1µg/ml) for 1h at room temperature. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Image-iTTM FX Signal Enhancer was used as the primary blocking agent, 5% BSA (in TBS-T) was used for all other blocking steps. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue). Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red).
Panel A shows localisation of ab21583 to the nuclei, Panel B has the Alexa Fluor® 488 channel removed for comparison.
ab21583 staining SMC1 in assynchonous HeLa cells (green). Cells were paraformaldehyde-fixed (4% - 10min) and counterstained with DAPI (red). Secondary antibody: Goat anti-Rabbit conjugated to Cy3 ®. Please refer to Abreview for further details.
IHC image of SMC1 staining in human skin FFPE section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab21583, 1µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
References for Anti-SMC1 antibody (ab21583)
This product has been referenced in:
- Liu B et al. Proteomic identification of common SCF ubiquitin ligase FBXO6-interacting glycoproteins in three kinds of cells. J Proteome Res 11:1773-81 (2012). WB . Read more (PubMed: 22268729) »
- Xiao T et al. Specific Sites in the C Terminus of CTCF Interact with the SA2 Subunit of the Cohesin Complex and Are Required for Cohesin-Dependent Insulation Activity. Mol Cell Biol 31:2174-83 (2011). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 21444719) »