Anti-SMC1 antibody - ChIP Grade (ab9262)
- Product nameAnti-SMC1 antibody - ChIP GradeSee all SMC1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to SMC1 - ChIP Grade
- Tested applicationsIHC-P, ICC, IP, WB, ChIP more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human, Xenopus laevis
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Cow
Synthetic peptide (Human) conjugated to KLH - which represents a portion within the last 100 amino acids of the human Structural Maintenance of Chromosomes-1 (GenBank PID 5453642).
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 8mM PBS, 60mM Citrate, 150mM Tris, pH 7-8
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesAntibodies were affinity purified using the peptide immobilized on solid support. Antibody concentration was determined by extinction coefficient: absorbance at 280nm of 1.4 equals 1.0 mg of IgG.
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab9262 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|ICC||ICC: 1/200 - 1/800.|
|IP||IP: Use a concentration of 1 - 4 µg/ml.|
|WB||WB: 1/1000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 160 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 143 kDa).|
|ChIP||ChIP: Use at an assay dependent dilution. PubMed: 20966046|
- Entrez Gene: 282370 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 522122 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 8243 Human
- Entrez Gene: 27127 Human
- Entrez Gene: 27127 Human
- Entrez Gene: 24061 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 140557 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 63996 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 300121 Rat
- Omim: 608685 Human
- Omim: 300040 Human
- SwissProt: Q14683 Human
- SwissProt: Q8NDV3 Human
- SwissProt: Q8NDV3 Human
- SwissProt: Q9CU62 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q920F6 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q9Z1M9 Rat
- Unigene: 334176 Human
- Unigene: 182737 Mouse
- Unigene: 56972 Rat
- bK268H5 antibodybK268H5.5 antibodyCDLS2 antibody
- DKFZp686L19178 antibodyDKFZp686L19178 antibodyDXhXs423e antibodyDXS423E antibodyDXS423E antibodyFLJ43748 antibodyKIAA0178 antibodyMGC138332 antibodyMGC138332 antibodyOTTHUMP00000061876 antibodyRP6 29D12.1 antibodySb1.8 antibodySB1.8 antibodySB1.8/DXS423E protein antibodySegregation of mitotic chromosomes 1 antibodySegregation of mitotic chromosomes like 1 antibodySMC 1 antibodySMC protein 1B antibodySMC-1-beta antibodySMC-1B antibodySMC1 antibodySMC1 antibodySMC1A antibodySMC1alpha antibodySMC1alpha protein antibodySMC1B antibodySMC1B_HUMAN antibodySMC1BETA antibodySMC1beta protein antibodySMC1L1 antibodySMC1L2 antibodySMCB antibodyStructural maintenance of chromosome 1 like 1 protein antibodyStructural maintenance of chromosome 1 like 2 protein antibodystructural maintenance of chromosomes 1-like 2 (yeast) antibodyStructural maintenance of chromosomes 1A antibodyStructural maintenance of chromosomes 1B antibodyStructural maintenance of chromosomes protein 1B antibodyStructural Maintenance of Chromosomes-1 Like 1 antibody
Anti-SMC1 antibody - ChIP Grade images
Predicted band size : 143 kDa
ab9262 at a 1:3000 dilution staining SMC 1 in 100µg of HeLa nuclear extract by western Blot (ECL).
Interphase HeLa cells stained with ab9262 (1/500). The antibody gave nuclear staining in all interphase nuclei investigated. However, the antibody failed to recognize any chromatin-associated epitopes in prophase or metaphase cells suggesting that the epitopes may be masked during mitosis. ab9262 staining is shown in green. The cells were counterstained with DAPI (red). 100x magnification.
Ab9262 staining human normal colon tissue. Staining is localised to nuclear compartment.
Left panel: with primary antibody at 1 ug/ml. Right panel: isotype control.
Sections were stained using an automated system DAKO Autostainer Plus , at room temperature. Sections were rehydrated and antigen retrieved with the Dako 3-in-1 antigen retrieval buffer EDTA pH 9.0 in a DAKO PT Link. Slides were peroxidase blocked in 3% H2O2 in methanol for 10 minutes. They were then blocked with Dako Protein block for 10 minutes (containing casein 0.25% in PBS) then incubated with primary antibody for 20 minutes and detected with Dako Envision Flex amplification kit for 30 minutes. Colorimetric detection was completed with diaminobenzidine for 5 minutes. Slides were counterstained with Haematoxylin and coverslipped under DePeX. Please note that for manual staining we recommend to optimize the primary antibody concentration and incubation time (overnight incubation), and amplification may be required.
References for Anti-SMC1 antibody - ChIP Grade (ab9262)
This product has been referenced in:
- McLellan JL et al. Synthetic lethality of cohesins with PARPs and replication fork mediators. PLoS Genet 8:e1002574 (2012). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 22412391) »
- Lukas C et al. 53BP1 nuclear bodies form around DNA lesions generated by mitotic transmission of chromosomes under replication stress. Nat Cell Biol 13:243-53 (2011). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 21317883) »