Anti-SMC1L2 antibody (ab57086)
- Product nameAnti-SMC1L2 antibodySee all SMC1L2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal to SMC1L2
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Recombinant Fragment
Predicted to work with: Human
Recombinant fragment, corresponding to amino acids 551-661 of Human SMC1L2
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
PBS, pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Light chain typekappa
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab57086 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
This antibody has only been tested in WB against the recombinant fragment used as immunogen. We have no data on the detection of endogenous protein.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionMeiosis-specific component of cohesin complex. Required for the maintenance of meiotic cohesion, but not, or only to a minor extent, for its establishment. Contributes to axial element (AE) formation and the organization of chromatin loops along the AE. Plays a key role in synapsis, recombination and chromosome movements. The cohesin complex is required for the cohesion of sister chromatids after DNA replication. The cohesin complex apparently forms a large proteinaceous ring within which sister chromatids can be trapped. At anaphase, the complex is cleaved and dissociates from chromatin, allowing sister chromatids to segregate. The meiosis-specific cohesin complex probably replaces mitosis specific cohesin complex when it dissociates from chromatin during prophase I.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the SMC family. SMC1 subfamily.
- DomainThe flexible hinge domain, which separates the large intramolecular coiled coil regions, allows the heterotypic interaction with the corresponding domain of SMC3, forming a V-shaped heterodimer. The two heads of the heterodimer are then connected by different ends of the cleavable RAD21 or REC8 protein, forming a ring structure.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Chromosome. Chromosome > centromere. Associates with chromatin. In prophase I stage of meiosis, localizes along the AE of synaptonemal complexes. In late-pachytene-diplotene, the bulk of protein dissociates from the chromosome arms probably because of phosphorylation by PLK, except at centromeres, where cohesin complexes remain. Remains chromatin associated at the centromeres up to metaphase II. At anaphase II, dissociates from centromeres, allowing chromosomes segregation.
- bK268H5 antibodySMC protein 1B antibodySMC-1-beta antibody
- SMC-1B antibodySMC1 beta antibodySMC1B antibodySMC1B_HUMAN antibodySMC1beta antibodySMC1beta protein antibodySmc1l2 antibodyStructural maintenance of chromosomes 1-like 2 antibodyStructural maintenance of chromosomes 1B antibodyStructural maintenance of chromosomes protein 1B antibody
Anti-SMC1L2 antibody images
Western blot against tagged recombinant protein immunogen using ab57086 SMC1L2 antibody at 1ug/ml. Predicted band size of immunogen is 38 kDa
References for Anti-SMC1L2 antibody (ab57086)
ab57086 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.