Anti-SMC1L2 antibody (ab96206)
- Product nameAnti-SMC1L2 antibodySee all SMC1L2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to SMC1L2
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Recombinant fragment, corresponding to a region within amino acids 154-403 of Human SMC1L2.
- Positive controlHeLa cells lysate, SAS xenograft
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Thimerosal (merthiolate)
Constituents: 10% Glycerol, 0.1M Tris, 0.1M Glycine, pH 7.0
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab96206 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/3000. Predicted molecular weight: 144 kDa.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/100 - 1/500.|
- FunctionMeiosis-specific component of cohesin complex. Required for the maintenance of meiotic cohesion, but not, or only to a minor extent, for its establishment. Contributes to axial element (AE) formation and the organization of chromatin loops along the AE. Plays a key role in synapsis, recombination and chromosome movements. The cohesin complex is required for the cohesion of sister chromatids after DNA replication. The cohesin complex apparently forms a large proteinaceous ring within which sister chromatids can be trapped. At anaphase, the complex is cleaved and dissociates from chromatin, allowing sister chromatids to segregate. The meiosis-specific cohesin complex probably replaces mitosis specific cohesin complex when it dissociates from chromatin during prophase I.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the SMC family. SMC1 subfamily.
- DomainThe flexible hinge domain, which separates the large intramolecular coiled coil regions, allows the heterotypic interaction with the corresponding domain of SMC3, forming a V-shaped heterodimer. The two heads of the heterodimer are then connected by different ends of the cleavable RAD21 or REC8 protein, forming a ring structure.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Chromosome. Chromosome > centromere. Associates with chromatin. In prophase I stage of meiosis, localizes along the AE of synaptonemal complexes. In late-pachytene-diplotene, the bulk of protein dissociates from the chromosome arms probably because of phosphorylation by PLK, except at centromeres, where cohesin complexes remain. Remains chromatin associated at the centromeres up to metaphase II. At anaphase II, dissociates from centromeres, allowing chromosomes segregation.
- bK268H5 antibodySMC protein 1B antibodySMC-1-beta antibody
- SMC-1B antibodySMC1 beta antibodySMC1B antibodySMC1B_HUMAN antibodySMC1beta antibodySMC1beta protein antibodySmc1l2 antibodyStructural maintenance of chromosomes 1-like 2 antibodyStructural maintenance of chromosomes 1B antibodyStructural maintenance of chromosomes protein 1B antibody
Anti-SMC1L2 antibody images
Anti-SMC1L2 antibody (ab96206) at 1/1000 dilution + HeLa whole cell lysate at 30 µg
Predicted band size : 144 kDa
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded SAS xenograft, using ab96206 at 1:500 dilution.
References for Anti-SMC1L2 antibody (ab96206)
ab96206 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.