Anti-SNAP25 antibody (ab31281)
- Product nameAnti-SNAP25 antibodySee all SNAP25 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionGoat polyclonal to SNAP25
- Specificityab31281 recognises SNAP25.
- Tested applicationsIHC-P, WB, ICC/IF, ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Dog
Synthetic peptide: C-DEANQRATKMLGSG, corresponding to C terminal amino acids 193-206 of Human SNAP25
- Positive control
- Human Brain and Mouse Brain lysates This antibody gave a positive result when used in the following methanol fixed cell lines: SKNSH
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferpH: 7.30
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 99% Tris buffered saline, 0.5% BSA
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesPurified from goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Energy transfer pathways
- Integration of energy
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab31281 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 2 - 4 µg/ml.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 0.01 - 0.03 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 22 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 23 kDa).|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
- Functiont-SNARE involved in the molecular regulation of neurotransmitter release. May play an important role in the synaptic function of specific neuronal systems. Associates with proteins involved in vesicle docking and membrane fusion. Regulates plasma membrane recycling through its interaction with CENPF.
- Tissue specificityNeurons of the neocortex, hippocampus, piriform cortex, anterior thalamic nuclei, pontine nuclei, and granule cells of the cerebellum.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the SNAP-25 family.
Contains 2 t-SNARE coiled-coil homology domains.
modificationsPalmitoylated. Cys-85 appears to be the main site, and palmitoylation is required for membrane association.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm > perinuclear region. Cell membrane. Cell junction > synapse > synaptosome. Membrane association requires palmitoylation. Expressed throughout cytoplasm, concentrating at the perinuclear region.
- bA416N4.2 antibody
- Bdr antibody
- dJ1068F16.2 antibody
- FLJ23079 antibody
- HGNC:11132 antibody
- MGC105414 antibody
- MGC139754 antibody
- Resistance to inhibitors of cholinesterase 4 homolog antibody
- RIC 4 antibody
- RIC4 antibody
- SEC 9 antibody
- SEC9 antibody
- SNAP 25 antibody
- SNAP antibody
- SNAP-25 antibody
- SNAP-25B antibody
- SNAP25 antibody
- SNP 25 antibody
- SNP25 antibody
- SNP25_HUMAN antibody
- sp antibody
- SUP antibody
- Super protein antibody
- Synaptosomal associated 25 kDa protein antibody
- Synaptosomal associated protein antibody
- Synaptosomal Associated Protein 25 antibody
- Synaptosomal Associated Protein 25 antibody
- Synaptosomal associated protein 25kDa antibody
- Synaptosomal-associated 25 kDa protein antibody
- Synaptosomal-associated protein 25 antibody
- Synaptosomal-associated protein, 25-KD antibody
Anti-SNAP25 antibody images
ICC/IF image of ab31281 stained SKNSH cells. The cells were 100% methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal donkey serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody ab31281 at 5µg/ml overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was DyLight® 488 donkey anti- goat (ab96931) IgG (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
Anti-SNAP25 antibody (ab31281) at 0.03 µg/ml + Mouse Brain lysate (35µg protein in RIPA buffer)
developed using the ECL technique
Predicted band size : 23 kDa
Observed band size : 23 kDa
Primary incubation was 1 hour. Detected by chemiluminescence.
ab31281 at 2.5µg/ml staining SNAP25 in human cerebral cortex tissue section by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/ PFA fixed paraffin-embedded sections). Tissue underwent antigen retrieval in steam with citrate buffer (pH 6.0). The AP-staining procedure was used for detection.
References for Anti-SNAP25 antibody (ab31281)
This product has been referenced in:
- Enriquez-Algeciras M et al. Deimination restores inner retinal visual function in murine demyelinating disease. J Clin Invest N/A:N/A (2013). ELISA ; Rat . Read more (PubMed: 23281397) »