Anti-SOCS3 antibody (ab723)
- Product nameAnti-SOCS3 antibodySee all SOCS3 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionGoat polyclonal to SOCS3
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat
Synthetic peptide: PIREFLDQYDAPL, corresponding to C terminal amino acids 213-225 of Human SOCS3 .
- Positive controlMOLT-4 lysate
- General notesPrincipal Names - SOCS3; CIS3; Cish3; SSI-3; SOCS-3; suppressor of cytokine signaling 3; STAT induced STAT inhibitor 3; cytokine-induced SH2 protein 3 Official Gene Symbol - SOCS3 GenBank Accession Number – NP_003946 LocusLink ID - 9021 (human); 12702 (mouse); 89829 (rat) Gene Ontology terms - protein kinase inhibitor; JAK-STAT cascade; anti-apoptosis Size - 225 aa
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.5% BSA, 0.5mg/ml Tris, pH 7.3
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgG fraction
- Purification notesPurified from goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide.
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab723 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionSOCS family proteins form part of a classical negative feedback system that regulates cytokine signal transduction. SOCS3 is involved in negative regulation of cytokines that signal through the JAK/STAT pathway. Inhibits cytokine signal transduction by binding to tyrosine kinase receptors including gp130, LIF, erythropoietin, insulin, IL12, GCSF and leptin receptors. Binding to JAK2 inhibits its kinase activity. Suppresses fetal liver erythropoiesis. Regulates onset and maintenance of allergic responses mediated by T-helper type 2 cells. Regulates IL-6 signaling in vivo (By similarity). Probable substrate recognition component of a SCF-like ECS (Elongin BC-CUL2/5-SOCS-box protein) E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase complex which mediates the ubiquitination and subsequent proteasomal degradation of target proteins. Seems to recognize IL6ST.
- Tissue specificityWidely expressed with high expression in heart, placenta, skeletal muscle, peripheral blood leukocytes, fetal and adult lung, and fetal liver and kidney. Lower levels in thymus.
- PathwayProtein modification; protein ubiquitination.
- Involvement in diseaseNote=There is some evidence that SOCS3 may be a susceptibility gene for atopic dermatitis linked to 17q25. SOCS3 messenger RNA is significantly more highly expressed in skin from patients with atopic dermatitis than in skin from healthy controls. Furthermore, a genetic association between atopic dermatitis and a haplotype in the SOCS3 gene has been found in two independent groups of patients.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 SH2 domain.
Contains 1 SOCS box domain.
- DomainThe ESS and SH2 domains are required for JAK phosphotyrosine binding. Further interaction with the KIR domain is necessary for signal and kinase inhibition.
The SOCS box domain mediates the interaction with the Elongin BC complex, an adapter module in different E3 ubiquitin ligase complexes.
modificationsPhosphorylated on tyrosine residues after stimulation by the cytokines, IL-2, EPO or IGF1.
- ATOD4 antibodyCIS 3 antibodyCIS-3 antibody
- CIS3 antibodyCish3 antibodyCytokine induced SH2 protein 3 antibodyCytokine-inducible SH2 protein 3 antibodyE2a Pbx1 target gene in fibroblasts 10 antibodyEF 10 antibodyMGC71791 antibodySOCS 3 antibodySOCS-3 antibodySocs3 antibodySOCS3_HUMAN antibodySSI 3 antibodySSI-3 antibodySSI3 antibodySTAT induced STAT inhibitor 3 antibodySTAT-induced STAT inhibitor 3 antibodySuppressor of cytokine signaling 3 antibody
Anti-SOCS3 antibody images
Anti-SOCS3 antibody (ab723) at 5 µg/ml + MOLT-4 lysate (RIPA buffer, 30µg total protein per lane)
Observed band size : 24 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
References for Anti-SOCS3 antibody (ab723)
ab723 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.