Anti-SOD2 antibody [23G5] (ab16954)
- Product nameAnti-SOD2 antibody [23G5]See all SOD2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [23G5] to SOD2
- SpecificityWe have data to indicate that this antibody may not cross react with Mouse. However, this has not been conclusively tested and expression levels may vary in certain cell lines/tissues.
- Tested applicationsWB, IP more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Recombinant full length protein (Human).
- Positive controlHeLa whole cell lysate.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgG fraction
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number23G5
- Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab16954 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 18349523|
|IP||IP: Use at 1-2 µg/mg of lysate.|
- FunctionDestroys superoxide anion radicals which are normally produced within the cells and which are toxic to biological systems.
- Involvement in diseaseGenetic variation in SOD2 is associated with susceptibility to microvascular complications of diabetes type 6 (MVCD6) [MIM:612634]. These are pathological conditions that develop in numerous tissues and organs as a consequence of diabetes mellitus. They include diabetic retinopathy, diabetic nephropathy leading to end-stage renal disease, and diabetic neuropathy. Diabetic retinopathy remains the major cause of new-onset blindness among diabetic adults. It is characterized by vascular permeability and increased tissue ischemia and angiogenesis.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the iron/manganese superoxide dismutase family.
modificationsNitrated under oxidative stress. Nitration coupled with oxidation inhibits the catalytic activity.
- Cellular localizationMitochondrion matrix.
- Indophenoloxidase B antibodyIPO B antibodyIPO-B antibody
- IPOB antibodymanganese containing superoxide dismutase antibodymanganese SOD antibodyManganese superoxide dismutase antibodyMangano superoxide dismutase antibodyMn SOD antibodyMn superoxide dismutase antibodyMNSOD antibodyMVCD6 antibodySOD 2 antibodySOD2 antibodySODM_HUMAN antibodySuperoxide dismutase [Mn] mitochondrial antibodySuperoxide dismutase [Mn], mitochondrial antibodySuperoxide dismutase 2 mitochondrial antibody
References for Anti-SOD2 antibody [23G5] (ab16954)
This product has been referenced in:
- Caspersen CS et al. An isolation method for assessment of brain mitochondria function in neonatal mice with hypoxic-ischemic brain injury. Dev Neurosci 30:319-24 (2008). WB ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 18349523) »
- Hurt EM et al. Integrated molecular profiling of SOD2 expression in multiple myeloma. Blood 109:3953-62 (2007). Read more (PubMed: 17192397) »