Anti-SOD2 antibody (ab55835)
- Product nameAnti-SOD2 antibodySee all SOD2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionSheep polyclonal to SOD2
- SpecificityRecognizes the ~25 kDa SOD2 protein in human liver cell lysates. Does not cross react with Cu/Zn SOD or human serum.
- Tested applicationsIHC-FoFr, WB, IHC-Fr, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Hamster, Human
Full length native protein from liver (purified) (Human)
- Positive control
- Human liver cell lysate
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.01% Benzamidine, 0.1% Epsilon-aminocaproic acid, Glycine buffered saline, 1mM EDTA, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab55835 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
IHC-P: 1/20 - 1/200.
IHC-FoFr: 1/1000 - 1/2000 on perfusion fixed tissues sectioned with a freezing microtome or cryostat. After sectioning, the sections can be stored overnight at 4C in 0.25 M Tris-HCl, pH 7.4, 0.9 NaCl containing 0.1% sodium azide.
1. Quench endogenous peroxidase with 0.3% H2O2 (v/v).
2. Perform blocking of nonspecific binding with 1:30 normal rabbit serum in 0.1% Triton X 100.
3. Incubate sections in primary antibody at 4C for TWO days in 1% normal rabbit serum and 1% normal human serum in TBS with 0.01% thimerosal.
4. Detect the immunoreactivity using horseradish peroxidase.
WB: 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 25 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 16 kDa).
Is unsuitable for DID.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionDestroys superoxide anion radicals which are normally produced within the cells and which are toxic to biological systems.
- Involvement in diseaseGenetic variation in SOD2 is associated with susceptibility to microvascular complications of diabetes type 6 (MVCD6) [MIM:612634]. These are pathological conditions that develop in numerous tissues and organs as a consequence of diabetes mellitus. They include diabetic retinopathy, diabetic nephropathy leading to end-stage renal disease, and diabetic neuropathy. Diabetic retinopathy remains the major cause of new-onset blindness among diabetic adults. It is characterized by vascular permeability and increased tissue ischemia and angiogenesis.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the iron/manganese superoxide dismutase family.
modificationsNitrated under oxidative stress. Nitration coupled with oxidation inhibits the catalytic activity.
- Cellular localizationMitochondrion matrix.
- Indophenoloxidase B antibody
- IPO B antibody
- IPOB antibody
- Manganese containing superoxide dismutase antibody
- Manganese SOD antibody
- Manganese superoxide dismutase antibody
- Mangano superoxide dismutase antibody
- Mn SOD antibody
- Mn superoxide dismutase antibody
- MNSOD antibody
- MVCD6 antibody
- SOD 2 antibody
- SOD2 antibody
- SODM_HUMAN antibody
- Superoxide dismutase [Mn] mitochondrial antibody
- Superoxide dismutase [Mn], mitochondrial antibody
- Superoxide dismutase 2 mitochondrial antibody
References for Anti-SOD2 antibody (ab55835)
ab55835 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.