Anti-SOX2 antibody [57CT23.3.4] (ab75485)
- Product nameAnti-SOX2 antibody [57CT23.3.4]See all SOX2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [57CT23.3.4] to SOX2
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, IHC - Wholemount, Flow Cyt, Sandwich ELISA, WB, ELISA, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Recombinant full length SOX2 protein (Human).
- Positive control293 cell lysate transfected with SOX2 gene; human lung carcinoma tissue
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium Azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number57CT23.3.4
- Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab75485 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: 1/100 - 1/1000.|
|IHC - Wholemount||IHC - Wmt: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: 1/10.|
|Sandwich ELISA||sELISA: Use a concentration of 0.2 µg/ml. Can be paired for Sandwich ELISA with Rabbit monoclonal [EPR3131] to SOX2 (ab92494). For sandwich ELISA, use this antibody as Capture at 0.2 µg/ml with Rabbit monoclonal [EPR3131] to SOX2 (ab92494) as Detection.|
|WB||WB: 1/200 - 1/2000. Predicted molecular weight: 34 kDa.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/50 - 1/100.|
- FunctionTranscription factor that forms a trimeric complex with OCT4 on DNA and controls the expression of a number of genes involved in embryonic development such as YES1, FGF4, UTF1 and ZFP206 (By similarity). Critical for early embryogenesis and for embryonic stem cell pluripotency.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in SOX2 are the cause of microphthalmia syndromic type 3 (MCOPS3) [MIM:206900]. Microphthalmia is a clinically heterogeneous disorder of eye formation, ranging from small size of a single eye to complete bilateral absence of ocular tissues (anophthalmia). In many cases, microphthalmia/anophthalmia occurs in association with syndromes that include non-ocular abnormalities. MCOPS3 is characterized by the rare association of malformations including uni- or bilateral anophthalmia or microphthalmia, and esophageal atresia with trachoesophageal fistula.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 HMG box DNA-binding domain.
modificationsSumoylation inhibits binding on DNA and negatively regulates the FGF4 transactivation.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- ANOP3 antibodycb236 antibodyDelta EF2a antibody
- lcc antibodyMCOPS3 antibodyMGC148683 antibodyMGC2413 antibodyRGD1565646 antibodySex determining region Y box 2 antibodySOX 2 antibodySox2 antibodySOX2_HUMAN antibodySRY (sex determining region Y) box 2 antibodySRY box containing gene 2 antibodySRY related HMG box 2 antibodySRY related HMG box gene 2 antibodySRY-box 2 antibodyTranscription factor SOX 2 antibodyTranscription factor SOX-2 antibodyysb antibody
Anti-SOX2 antibody [57CT23.3.4] images
Anti-SOX2 antibody [57CT23.3.4] (ab75485) at 1/200 dilution + SOX2 recombinant protein
Predicted band size : 34 kDa
Observed band size : 38 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
All lanes : Anti-SOX2 antibody [57CT23.3.4] (ab75485) at 1/200 dilution
Lane 1 : non-transfected 293 cell lysate
Lane 2 : lysate of 293 cells transiently transfected with SOX2 gene
Lysates/proteins at 12.5 µg per lane.
Predicted band size : 34 kDa
Observed band size : 36 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Human lung carcinoma tissue with ab75485 at 1/50 dilution, using a peroxidase-conjugated secondary antibody, followed by DAB staining.
ab75485 staining SOX2 in human schwann cells by Immunocytochemistry/ Immunofluorescence. The cells were fixed in 4% paraformaldehyde for 10 minutes, permeabilised in 0.2% Triton X-100 and then blocked using 10% DCS/ 0.1M lysine/PBS for 30 minutes at 25°C. Samples were then incubated with primary antibody at 1/100 for 16 hours at 4°C. The secondary antibody used was a rabbit anti-mouse IgG conjugated to Alexa Fluor® 568 used at a 1/500 dilution. Cells were counterstained with Hoechst dye to show nuclei.
Immunocytochemistical detection of SOX2 antibody (ab75485) on a mixed rat glial cell culture. Fixative: Paraformaldehyde Permeabilization: 0.3x Triton. Blocking step: 10% serum for 1 hour @ 24°C. Primary antibody used at 1 µg/ml incubated for 24 hours @ 4°C. Secondary antibody: Alexa Fluor® 568 (1/1000). The submitted image shows rat primary glial culture stained with ab75485; DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ICC/IF image of ab75485 stained mouse embryonic stem cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab75485, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
Overlay histogram showing F9 cells stained with ab75485 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab75485, 2µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed. This antibody gave a positive result in 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min) fixed F9 cells used under the same conditions.
Please note that Abcam do not have any data for use of this antibody on non-fixed cells. We welcome any customer feedback.
References for Anti-SOX2 antibody [57CT23.3.4] (ab75485)
This product has been referenced in:
- Chen S et al. SOX2 Gene Regulates the Transcriptional Network of Oncogenes and Affects Tumorigenesis of Human Lung Cancer Cells. PLoS One 7:e36326 (2012). IHC-P ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 22615765) »
- Clewes O et al. Human Epidermal Neural Crest Stem Cells (hEPI-NCSC)-Characterization and Directed Differentiation into Osteocytes and Melanocytes. Stem Cell Rev 7:799-814 (2011). ICC/IF ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 21455606) »