Anti-SOX2 antibody [EPR3131] (ab92494)
- Product nameAnti-SOX2 antibody [EPR3131]See all SOX2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR3131] to SOX2
- Tested applicationsWB, ICC, Sandwich ELISA, IHC-P, IHC - Wholemount, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Does not react withRat
Synthetic peptide corresponding to residues in Human SOX2.
- Positive controlNCCIT cell lysate, MCF-7 cell lysate, glioma tissue, Human adult brain tissue, Human fetal brain tissue
- General notesProduced under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPBS 49%,Sodium azide 0.01%,Glycerol 50%,BSA 0.05%
- PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberEPR3131
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab92494 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/1000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 35 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 34 kDa).|
|ICC||ICC: 1/50 - 1/100.|
|Sandwich ELISA||sELISA: Use a concentration of 0.5 µg/ml. Can be paired for Sandwich ELISA with Mouse monoclonal [57CT23.3.4] to SOX2 (ab75485). For sandwich ELISA, use this antibody as Detection at 0.5 µg/ml with Rabbit monoclonal [EPR3131] to SOX2 (ab92494) as Capture.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/100 - 1/250. Antigen retrieval is recommended.|
|IHC - Wholemount||IHC - Wmt: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 22912670|
- FunctionTranscription factor that forms a trimeric complex with OCT4 on DNA and controls the expression of a number of genes involved in embryonic development such as YES1, FGF4, UTF1 and ZFP206 (By similarity). Critical for early embryogenesis and for embryonic stem cell pluripotency.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in SOX2 are the cause of microphthalmia syndromic type 3 (MCOPS3) [MIM:206900]. Microphthalmia is a clinically heterogeneous disorder of eye formation, ranging from small size of a single eye to complete bilateral absence of ocular tissues (anophthalmia). In many cases, microphthalmia/anophthalmia occurs in association with syndromes that include non-ocular abnormalities. MCOPS3 is characterized by the rare association of malformations including uni- or bilateral anophthalmia or microphthalmia, and esophageal atresia with trachoesophageal fistula.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 HMG box DNA-binding domain.
modificationsSumoylation inhibits binding on DNA and negatively regulates the FGF4 transactivation.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- ANOP3 antibodycb236 antibodyDelta EF2a antibody
- lcc antibodyMCOPS3 antibodyMGC148683 antibodyMGC2413 antibodyRGD1565646 antibodySex determining region Y box 2 antibodySOX 2 antibodySox2 antibodySOX2_HUMAN antibodySRY (sex determining region Y) box 2 antibodySRY box containing gene 2 antibodySRY related HMG box 2 antibodySRY related HMG box gene 2 antibodySRY-box 2 antibodyTranscription factor SOX 2 antibodyTranscription factor SOX-2 antibodyysb antibody
Anti-SOX2 antibody [EPR3131] images
All lanes : Anti-SOX2 antibody [EPR3131] (ab92494) at 1/5000 dilution
Lane 1 : NCCIT cell lysate
Lane 2 : MCF-7 cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
HRP labelled goat anti-rabbit at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size : 34 kDa
ab92494 at 1/100 dilution staining SOX2 in (1) glioma tissue, (2) Human adult brain tissue & (3) Human fetal brain tissue by Immunohistochemistry Formalin-fixed, Paraffin-embedded tissue. Detection: DAB staining.
ab92494 showing negative staining in Seminoma tissue.
ab92494 showing positive staining in Breast carcinoma tissue.
ab92494 showing negative staining in Normal lung tissue.
ab92494 showing positive staining in Fetal stomach tissue.
ab92494 showing positive staining in Fetal lung tissue.
ab92494 showing positive staining in Embryonal carcinoma tissue.
IHC-Wholemount image of anti-Sox2 (ab92494) staining on a mouse blastocyst. This blastocyst was stained with anti-Sox2 antibody (pink) at a 1:200 dilution for 48 hours at 4oC. Nuclei stained with DAPI (grey).
References for Anti-SOX2 antibody [EPR3131] (ab92494)
This product has been referenced in:
- Han X et al. Silencing SOX2 induced mesenchymal-epithelial transition and its expression predicts liver and lymph node metastasis of CRC patients. PLoS One 7:e41335 (2012). WB, ICC/IF, IHC-P ; Human, Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 22912670) »
- Lian G et al. Filamin a regulates neural progenitor proliferation and cortical size through Wee1-dependent Cdk1 phosphorylation. J Neurosci 32:7672-84 (2012). Read more (PubMed: 22649246) »