Anti-SP1 antibody - ChIP Grade (ab13370)
- Product nameAnti-SP1 antibody - ChIP GradeSee all SP1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to SP1 - ChIP Grade
- Tested applicationsIP, WB, IHC-P, ChIP more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Chicken, Cow, Pig, Xenopus laevis, Zebrafish
Synthetic peptide (Unfortunately the amino acid sequence is considered to be commercially sensitive). The peptide sequence is within the region between aa750 and the C-terminus (aa785) of human SP1 using the numbering given in entry XP_028606.4 (GeneID 666).
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 8mM PBS, 60mM Citrate, 150mM Tris, pH 7-8
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Nucleotide metabolism
- Molecular processes
- Mitochondrial transcription
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab13370 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IP||IP: Use at 1-4 µg/mg of lysate.|
|WB||WB: 1/2500 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 90 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 90 kDa).|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|ChIP||ChIP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- FunctionTranscription factor that can activate or repress transcription in response to physiological and pathological stimuli. Binds with high affinity to GC-rich motifs and regulates the expression of a large number of genes involved in a variety of processes such as cell growth, apoptosis, differentiation and immune responses. Highly regulated by post-translational modifications (phosphorylations, sumoylation, proteolytic cleavage, glycosylation and acetylation). Binds also the PDGFR-alpha G-box promoter. May have a role in modulating the cellular response to DNA damage. Implicated in chromatin remodeling. Plays a role in the recruitment of SMARCA4/BRG1 on the c-FOS promoter. Plays an essential role in the regulation of FE65 gene expression. In complex with ATF7IP, maintains telomerase activity in cancer cells by inducing TERT and TERC gene expression.
- Tissue specificityUp-regulated in adenocarcinomas of the stomach (at protein level).
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the Sp1 C2H2-type zinc-finger protein family.
Contains 3 C2H2-type zinc fingers.
modificationsPhosphorylated on multiple serine and threonine residues. Phosphorylation is coupled to ubiquitination, sumoylation and proteolytic processing. Phosphorylation on Ser-59 enhances proteolytic cleavage. Phosphorylation on Ser-7 enhances ubiquitination and protein degradation. Hyperphosphorylation on Ser-101 in response to DNA damage has no effect on transcriptional activity. MAPK1/MAPK3-mediated phosphorylation on Thr-453 and Thr-739 enhances VEGF transcription but, represses FGF2-triggered PDGFR-alpha transcription. Also implicated in the repression of RECK by ERBB2. Hyperphosphorylated on Thr-278 and Thr-739 during mitosis by MAPK8 shielding SP1 from degradation by the ubiquitin-dependent pathway. Phosphorylated in the zinc-finger domain by calmodulin-activated PKCzeta. Phosphorylation on Ser-641 by PKCzeta is critical for TSA-activated LHR gene expression through release of its repressor, p107. Phosphorylation on Thr-668, Ser-670 and Thr-681 is stimulated by angiotensin II via the AT1 receptor inducing increased binding to the PDGF-D promoter. This phosphorylation is increased in injured artey wall. Ser-59 and Thr-681 can both be dephosphorylated by PP2A during cell-cycle interphase. Dephosphorylation on Ser-59 leads to increased chromatin association during interphase and increases the transcriptional activity. On insulin stimulation, sequentially glycosylated and phosphorylated on several C-terminal serine and threonine residues.
Acetylated. Acetylation/deacetylation events affect transcriptional activity. Deacetylation leads to an increase in the expression the 12(s)-lipooxygenase gene though recruitment of p300 to the promoter.
Ubiquitinated. Ubiquitination occurs on the C-terminal proteolytically-cleaved peptide and is triggered by phosphorylation.
Sumoylated by SUMO1. Sumoylation modulates proteolytic cleavage of the N-terminal repressor domain. Sumoylation levels are attenuated during tumorigenesis. Phosphorylation mediates SP1 desumoylation.
Proteolytic cleavage in the N-terminal repressor domain is prevented by sumoylation. The C-terminal cleaved product is susceptible to degradation.
O-glycosylated; contains at least 8 N-acetylglucosamine side chains. Levels are controlled by insulin and the SP1 phosphorylation states. Insulin-mediated O-glycosylation locates SP1 to the nucleus, where it is sequentially deglycosylated and phosphorylated. O-glycosylation affects transcriptional activity through disrupting the interaction with a number of transcription factors including ELF1 and NFYA. Also inhibits interaction with the HIV1 promoter. Inhibited by peroxisomome proliferator receptor gamma (PPARgamma).
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. Nuclear location is governed by glycosylated/phosphorylated states. Insulin promotes nuclear location, while glucagon favors cytoplasmic location.
- Entrez Gene: 395303 Chicken
- Entrez Gene: 540741 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 6667 Human
- Entrez Gene: 20683 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 397314 Pig
- Entrez Gene: 24790 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 431939 Xenopus laevis
- Entrez Gene: 324109 Zebrafish
- Omim: 189906 Human
- SwissProt: P08047 Human
- SwissProt: O89090 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q01714 Rat
- Unigene: 620754 Human
- Unigene: 649191 Human
- Unigene: 4618 Mouse
- Unigene: 44609 Rat
- SP 1 antibodySP1 antibodySp1 transcription factor antibody
- SP1_HUMAN antibodySpecificity protein 1 antibodyTranscription factor Sp1 antibodyTSFP 1 antibodyTSFP1 antibody
Anti-SP1 antibody - ChIP Grade images
Detection of Human SP1 by Western Blot and Immunoprecipitation. Samples: A. Whole cell lysate (50 mcg for E; 10 mcg for T) from HEK 293T cells that were mock transfected (E) or transfected with a Sp1 expression construct (T). B. Whole cell lysate (700 mcg) from HEK 293T cells. Antibody: A. Affinity purified rabbit anti-Sp1 antibody (ab13370) used at the indicated concentrations. B. SP1 was immunoprecipitated using affinity purified rabbit anti-SP1 antibodies (lane 2: ab13405, lane 3: ab13370; lane 1: SP-1 antibody, details unknown) using each antibody at 3.75 mcg/mg lysate. Subsequently, ab13370 was used at 0.04 mcg/ml for WB. Detection: Chemiluminescence with an exposure time of 10 seconds (A) or 1 min (B).
ab13370 (2µg/ml) staining SP1 in human colon using an automated system (DAKO Autostainer Plus). Using this protocol there is nuclear staining.
Sections were rehydrated and antigen retrieved with the Dako 3 in 1 AR buffer EDTA pH 9.0 in a DAKO PT Link. Slides were peroxidase blocked in 3% H2O2 in methanol for 10 mins. They were then blocked with Dako Protein block for 10 minutes (containing casein 0.25% in PBS) then incubated with primary antibody for 20 min and detected with Dako Envision Flex amplification kit for 30 minutes. Colorimetric detection was completed with Diaminobenzidine for 5 minutes. Slides were counterstained with Haematoxylin and coverslipped under DePeX. Please note that, for manual staining, optimization of primary antibody concentration and incubation time is recommended. Signal amplification may be required.
References for Anti-SP1 antibody - ChIP Grade (ab13370)
This product has been referenced in:
- Chew YC et al. Sulforaphane Induction of p21Cip1 Cyclin-dependent Kinase Inhibitor Expression Requires p53 and Sp1 Transcription Factors and Is p53-dependent. J Biol Chem 287:16168-78 (2012). ChIP . Read more (PubMed: 22427654) »
- Chew YC et al. Sulforaphane induction of p21(Cip1) cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor expression requires p53 and Sp1 transcription factors and is p53-dependent. J Biol Chem 287:16168-78 (2012). Read more (PubMed: 22427654) »