Anti-SPHK1 antibody (ab37980)
- Product nameAnti-SPHK1 antibodySee all SPHK1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to SPHK1
- Tested applicationsELISA, WB, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
KLH conjugated synthetic peptide selected from the sequence of human SPHK1 within aa 1-100.
- Positive control
- IF/ICC: HepG2 cell line.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium Azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Purification notesThe antibody is purified through a protein G column and eluted out with both high and low pH buffers and neutralized immediately after elution then followed by dialysis against PBS.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Lipid metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab37980 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/100 - 1/500. Detects a band of approximately 42 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 42 kDa).|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
- FunctionCatalyzes the phosphorylation of sphingosine to form sphingosine 1-phosphate (SPP), a lipid mediator with both intra-and extracellular functions. Also acts on D-erythro-sphingosine and to a lesser extent sphinganine, but not other lipids, such as D,L-threo-dihydrosphingosine, N,N-dimethylsphingosine, diacylglycerol, ceramide, or phosphatidylinositol.
- Tissue specificityWidely expressed with highest levels in adult liver, kidney, heart and skeletal muscle.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 DAGKc domain.
- SK 1 antibody
- SK1 antibody
- Sphingosine Kinase 1 antibody
- Sphingosine Kinase 1 antibody
- SPHK 1 antibody
- SPHK antibody
- Sphk1 antibody
- SPHK1_HUMAN antibody
- SPK 1 antibody
- SPK antibody
- SPK1 antibody
Anti-SPHK1 antibody images
ICC/IF image of ab37980 stained HepG2 cells. The cells were 4% Formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal Goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab37980, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was ab96899, DyLight® 488 Goat anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
Lane 1 : c-myc tagged SPHK1 antibody
Lane 2 : Anti-SPHK1 antibody (ab37980) at 0.25 mg/ml
Lane 1 : transfected 293 cell lysate
Lane 2 : transfected 293 cell lysate
Predicted band size : 42 kDa
Observed band size : 47 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Additional bands at : 200 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
References for Anti-SPHK1 antibody (ab37980)
This product has been referenced in:
- Usatyuk PV et al. Photolysis of caged sphingosine-1-phosphate induces barrier enhancement and intracellular activation of lung endothelial cell signaling pathways. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 300:L840-50 (2011). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 21478254) »