Anti-SPHK2 antibody (ab37977)
- Product nameAnti-SPHK2 antibodySee all SPHK2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to SPHK2
- Tested applicationsELISA, WB, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH, derived from within residues 600-700 of SPHK2 (Human).
- Positive control
- Human cancer tissue, transfected 293 cell lysate.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C long term. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium Azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Lipid metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab37977 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
IHC-P: 1/50 - 1/100. Perform enzymatic antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
WB: 1/100 - 1/500. Detects a band of approximately 69 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 69 kDa).
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionCatalyzes the phosphorylation of sphingosine to form sphingosine 1-phosphate (SPP), a lipid mediator with both intra-and extracellular functions. Also acts on D-erythro-dihydrosphingosine, D-erythro-sphingosine and L-threo-dihydrosphingosine. Binds phosphoinositides.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 DAGKc domain.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Membrane and Lysosome membrane.
- SK 2 antibody
- Sphingosine kinase 2 antibody
- Sphingosine kinase type 2 antibody
- SPHK2 antibody
- SPHK2_HUMAN antibody
- SPK 2 antibody
Anti-SPHK2 antibody images
ab37977 staining Human breast carcinoma tissue by immunohistochemistry, formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue, followed by AEC staining.
Lane 1 : Anti-SPHK2 antibody (ab37977)
Lane 2 : c-myc antibody
Lane 1 : Transfected 293 cell lysate
Lane 2 : Transfected 293 cell lysate
Predicted band size : 69 kDa
Observed band size : 69 kDa
Anti-SPHK2 antibody (ab37977) at 1/500 dilution + Mouse NIH 3T3 whole cell lysate at 25 µg
An HRP-conjugated Donkey Polyclonal at 1/5000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 69 kDa
This image is courtesy of an ananymous Abreview
References for Anti-SPHK2 antibody (ab37977)
This product has been referenced in:
- Harijith A et al. Sphingosine Kinase 1 Deficiency Confers Protection against Hyperoxia-Induced Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia in a Murine Model: Role of S1P Signaling and Nox Proteins. Am J Pathol 183:1169-82 (2013). Read more (PubMed: 23933064) »
- Kim M et al. Isoflurane activates intestinal sphingosine kinase to protect against bilateral nephrectomy-induced liver and intestine dysfunction. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 300:F167-76 (2011). WB ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 20962114) »