Anti-SPTBN1 antibody [EPR5869] (ab124888)
- Product nameAnti-SPTBN1 antibody [EPR5869]See all SPTBN1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR5869] to SPTBN1
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-P, ICC more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide, corresponding to residues in Human SPTBN1.
- Positive control
- Human kidney tissue; SH-SY5Y, HeLa, Caco 2 and Jurkat cell lysates.
- General notesProduced under U.S. Patent No.5,675,063.
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C
- Dissociation constant (KD) KD = 4.40 x 10 -11 M Learn more about KD
- Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA
- PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberEPR5869
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab124888 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/1000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 270 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 275 kDa).|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/250 - 1/500. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol. (Heat to 98°C, allow to cool for 10-20 minutes)|
|ICC||ICC: 1/100 - 1/250.|
- FunctionFodrin, which seems to be involved in secretion, interacts with calmodulin in a calcium-dependent manner and is thus candidate for the calcium-dependent movement of the cytoskeleton at the membrane.
- Tissue specificityIsoform 2 is present in brain, lung and kidney (at protein level).
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the spectrin family.
Contains 2 CH (calponin-homology) domains.
Contains 1 PH domain.
Contains 17 spectrin repeats.
modificationsIsoform 2 is phosphorylated on Ser-8 and Ser-10.
- Cellular localizationCell membrane and Cytoplasm > cytoskeleton. Cytoplasm > myofibril > sarcomere > M line. Colocalizes with ANK2 in a distinct intracellular compartment of neonatal cardiomyocytes.
- Beta G spectrin antibody
- Beta II spectrin antibody
- Beta spectrin 2 antibody
- Beta spectrin II antibody
- Beta-II spectrin antibody
- betaSpII antibody
- brain 1 antibody
- ELF antibody
- Embryonic liver beta fodrin antibody
- Fodrin beta chain antibody
- non-erythroid beta chain 1 antibody
- Spectrin antibody
- Spectrin beta chain antibody
- Spectrin, beta, non erythrocytic 1 antibody
- Spectrin, non erythroid beta chain 1 antibody
- SPTB2 antibody
- SPTB2_HUMAN antibody
- SPTBN1 antibody
Anti-SPTBN1 antibody [EPR5869] images
ab124888, at 1/250 dilution, staining SPTBN1 in paraffin-embedded Human kidney tissue by Immunohistochemistry.
All lanes : Anti-SPTBN1 antibody [EPR5869] (ab124888) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : SH-SY5Y cell lysate
Lane 2 : HeLa cell lysate
Lane 3 : Caco 2 cell lysate
Lane 4 : Jurkat cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Predicted band size : 275 kDa
Equilibrium disassociation constant (KD)
Learn more about KD
Click here to learn more about KD
References for Anti-SPTBN1 antibody [EPR5869] (ab124888)
ab124888 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.