Anti-SQSTM1 / p62 antibody (ab31545)
- Product nameAnti-SQSTM1 / p62 antibodySee all SQSTM1 / p62 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionSheep polyclonal to SQSTM1 / p62
- Specificityab31545 recognises SQSTM1/p62 in normal and diseased human brain.
- Tested applicationsIHC-P, IHC-Fr, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide from part of human Ubiquitin Interactive Motif (UIM) derived from p62 protein, also known as SQSTM1. Amino acid sequence: PPEADPRLIE SLSQMLSMGF SDEGGWLTRL LQTKNYDIGA
- Positive controlHuman brain homogenate
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C (add glycerol to a final volume of 50% for extra stability). Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: Whole serum
- PurityWhole antiserum
- Primary antibody notes In western blot the antibody recognizes 4 major bands of 130, 62, 45 and 22 kDa in human brain homogenate. The antibody may also recognize some proteins containing SQSTM1 domains from other species as 80, 62 and 47 kDa proteins are identified in rat sympathetic ganglia. Preincubation of the antibody with the immunizing peptide abolishes all reactivity in both human brain homogenate and rat sympathitic ganglia.
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab31545 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: 1/500 - 1/2000.|
|WB||WB: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Detects a band of approximately 47, 50 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 47 kDa).|
- FunctionAdapter protein which binds ubiquitin and may regulate the activation of NFKB1 by TNF-alpha, nerve growth factor (NGF) and interleukin-1. May play a role in titin/TTN downstream signaling in muscle cells. May regulate signaling cascades through ubiquitination. Adapter that mediates the interaction between TRAF6 and CYLD (By similarity). May be involved in cell differentiation, apoptosis, immune response and regulation of K(+) channels.
- Tissue specificityUbiquitously expressed.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in SQSTM1 are a cause of Paget disease of bone (PDB) [MIM:602080]. PDB is a metabolic bone disease affecting the axial skeleton and characterized by focal areas of increased and disorganized bone turn-over due to activated osteoclasts. Manifestations of the disease include bone pain, deformity, pathological fractures, deafness, neurological complications and increased risk of osteosarcoma. PDB is a chronic disease affecting 2 to 3% of the population above the age of 40 years.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 OPR domain.
Contains 1 UBA domain.
Contains 1 ZZ-type zinc finger.
- DomainThe UBA domain binds specifically 'Lys-63'-linked polyubiquitin chains of polyubiquitinated substrates. Mediates the interaction with TRIM55.
The OPR domain mediates homooligomerization and interactions with PRKCZ, PRKCI, MAP2K5 and NBR1.
The ZZ-type zinc finger mediates the interaction with RIPK1.
modificationsPhosphorylated. May be phosphorylated by PRKCZ (By similarity). Phosphorylated in vitro by TTN.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Late endosome. Nucleus. Sarcomere (By similarity). In cardiac muscles localizes to the sarcomeric band (By similarity). Localizes to late endosomes. May also localize to the nucleus. Accumulates in neurofibrillary tangles and in Lewy bodies of neurons from individuals with Alzheimer and Parkinson disease respectively. Enriched in Rosenthal fibers of pilocytic astrocytoma. In liver cells, accumulates in Mallory bodies associated with alcoholic hepatitis, Wilson disease, indian childhood cirrhosis and in hyaline bodies associated with hepatocellular carcinoma.
- A170 antibodyEBI 3 associated protein of 60 kDa antibodyEBI 3 associated protein p60 antibody
- EBI3 associated protein of 60 kDa antibodyEBI3 associated protein p60 antibodyEBI3-associated protein of 60 kDa antibodyEBIAP antibodyMGC127197 antibodyORCA antibodyOSF-6 antibodyOsi antibodyOSIL antibodyOxidative stress induced like antibodyp60 antibodyp62 antibodyp62B antibodyPaget disease of bone 3 antibodyPDB 3 antibodyPDB3 antibodyPhosphotyrosine independent ligand for the Lck SH2 domain of 62 kDa antibodyPhosphotyrosine independent ligand for the Lck SH2 domain p62 antibodyPhosphotyrosine-independent ligand for the Lck SH2 domain of 62 kDa antibodyPKC-zeta-interacting protein antibodyProtein kinase C-zeta-interacting protein antibodySequestosome 1 antibodySequestosome-1 antibodySQSTM 1 antibodySQSTM_HUMAN antibodySqstm1 antibodySTAP antibodySTONE14 antibodyUbiquitin binding protein p62 antibodyUbiquitin-binding protein p62 antibodyZIP 3 antibodyZIP antibodyZIP3 antibody
Anti-SQSTM1 / p62 antibody images
All lanes : Anti-SQSTM1 / p62 antibody (ab31545) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : A549 (Human lung adenocarcinoma epithelial cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : MCF7 (Human breast adenocarcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 3 : HepG2 (Human hepatocellular liver carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Rabbit polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Sheep IgG - H&L (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 47 kDa
Observed band size : 47 + 50 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Exposure time : 30 seconds
ab31545 staining SQSTM1 / p62 in murine spinal cord sections by Immunohistochemistry (Frozen sections).Tissue was fixed in 4% paraformaldehyde, blocked with 10% goat serum for 2 hours at 25°C and then incubated with ab31545 at a 1/500 dilution for 18 hours at 4°C. The secondary used was an Alexa-Fluor 594 conjugated donkey anti-sheep (H+L) polyclonal used at a 1/1000 dilution.
References for Anti-SQSTM1 / p62 antibody (ab31545)
This product has been referenced in:
- Vanhorebeek I et al. Insufficient activation of autophagy allows cellular damage to accumulate in critically ill patients. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 96:E633-45 (2011). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 21270330) »
- Castillo K et al. BAX inhibitor-1 regulates autophagy by controlling the IRE1a branch of the unfolded protein response. EMBO J : (2011). Read more (PubMed: 21926971) »