Anti-STAT2 antibody [Y141] (ab32367)
- Product nameAnti-STAT2 antibody [Y141]See all STAT2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [Y141] to STAT2
- SpecificityThis antibody detects both long and short forms of STAT2.
- Tested applicationsWB, ICC, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
A synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near N-terminus of human Stat-2.
- Positive controlK562 cell lysate and human thyroid cancer
- General notesProduced under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPBS 49%,Sodium azide 0.01%,Glycerol 50%,BSA 0.05%
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgG fraction
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberY141
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab32367 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/5000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 98 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 98 kDa).|
|ICC||ICC: 1/50 - 1/100.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/100 - 1/250.|
- FunctionSignal transducer and activator of transcription that mediates signaling by type I IFNs (IFN-alpha and IFN-beta). Following type I IFN binding to cell surface receptors, Jak kinases (TYK2 and JAK1) are activated, leading to tyrosine phosphorylation of STAT1 and STAT2. The phosphorylated STATs dimerize, associate with ISGF3G/IRF-9 to form a complex termed ISGF3 transcription factor, that enters the nucleus. ISGF3 binds to the IFN stimulated response element (ISRE) to activate the transcription of interferon stimulated genes, which drive the cell in an antiviral state.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the transcription factor STAT family.
Contains 1 SH2 domain.
modificationsTyrosine phosphorylated in response to IFN-alpha.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Translocated into the nucleus upon activation by IFN-alpha/beta.
- Homo sapiens interferon alpha induced transcriptional activator antibodyHomo sapiens interferon alpha induced transcriptional activator antibodyinterferon alpha induced transcriptional activator antibody
- interferon alpha induced transcriptional activator antibodyISGF3 antibodyMGC59816 antibodyP113 antibodyP113 antibodysignal transducer and activator of transcription 2 113kD antibodysignal transducer and activator of transcription 2 113kD antibodySignal transducer and activator of transcription 2 antibodySTAT113 antibodySTAT113 antibodyStat2 antibodySTAT2_HUMAN antibody
Anti-STAT2 antibody [Y141] images
Anti-STAT2 antibody [Y141] (ab32367) at 1/500 dilution + K562 cell lysate
Predicted band size : 98 kDa
Observed band size : 100 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human thyroid cancer using ab32367
References for Anti-STAT2 antibody [Y141] (ab32367)
ab32367 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.