Anti-STAT2 antibody (ab10624)
- Product nameAnti-STAT2 antibodySee all STAT2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to STAT2
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide from the C-terminal region of human STAT2.Peptide available as ab10714.
- Positive controlHeLa cell lysate.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 1mg/ml BSA, PBS (Ca2+ and Mg2+ free). pH 7.3
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab10624 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 113 kDa.|
- FunctionSignal transducer and activator of transcription that mediates signaling by type I IFNs (IFN-alpha and IFN-beta). Following type I IFN binding to cell surface receptors, Jak kinases (TYK2 and JAK1) are activated, leading to tyrosine phosphorylation of STAT1 and STAT2. The phosphorylated STATs dimerize, associate with ISGF3G/IRF-9 to form a complex termed ISGF3 transcription factor, that enters the nucleus. ISGF3 binds to the IFN stimulated response element (ISRE) to activate the transcription of interferon stimulated genes, which drive the cell in an antiviral state.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the transcription factor STAT family.
Contains 1 SH2 domain.
modificationsTyrosine phosphorylated in response to IFN-alpha.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Translocated into the nucleus upon activation by IFN-alpha/beta.
- Homo sapiens interferon alpha induced transcriptional activator antibodyinterferon alpha induced transcriptional activator antibodyISGF3 antibody
- MGC59816 antibodyP113 antibodysignal transducer and activator of transcription 2 113kD antibodySignal transducer and activator of transcription 2 antibodySTAT113 antibodyStat2 antibodySTAT2_HUMAN antibody
Anti-STAT2 antibody images
Predicted band size : 113 kDa
Extracts prepared from HeLa cells were resolved by SDS-PAGE on a 4-20% polyacrylamide gel and transferred to PVDF. The membrane was blocked with a 5% BSA-TBST buffer overnight at 4C and incubated with ab10624 for two hours at room temperature in a 3% BSA-TBST buffer. After washing, membranes were incubated with goat F(ab')2 anti-rabbit IgG alkaline phosphatase and the signal was detected by chemiluminescence.
References for Anti-STAT2 antibody (ab10624)
ab10624 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.