Anti-STAT2 antibody (ab53149)
- Product nameAnti-STAT2 antibodySee all STAT2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to STAT2
- Specificityab53149 detects endogenous levels of total STAT2 protein.
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-P, ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat
Synthesized non phosphopeptide derived from human STAT2 around the phosphorylation site of tyrosine 690 (R-K-Y-L-K).
- Positive controlWB: Extracts from HeLa cells IHC-P: Human lung carcinoma tissue
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS (without Mg2+ and Ca2+), 150mM Sodium chloride, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesab53149 was affinity purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity chromatography using epitope specific immunogen.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab53149 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/300 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 98 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 98 kDa).|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- FunctionSignal transducer and activator of transcription that mediates signaling by type I IFNs (IFN-alpha and IFN-beta). Following type I IFN binding to cell surface receptors, Jak kinases (TYK2 and JAK1) are activated, leading to tyrosine phosphorylation of STAT1 and STAT2. The phosphorylated STATs dimerize, associate with ISGF3G/IRF-9 to form a complex termed ISGF3 transcription factor, that enters the nucleus. ISGF3 binds to the IFN stimulated response element (ISRE) to activate the transcription of interferon stimulated genes, which drive the cell in an antiviral state.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the transcription factor STAT family.
Contains 1 SH2 domain.
modificationsTyrosine phosphorylated in response to IFN-alpha.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Translocated into the nucleus upon activation by IFN-alpha/beta.
- Homo sapiens interferon alpha induced transcriptional activator antibodyinterferon alpha induced transcriptional activator antibodyISGF3 antibody
- MGC59816 antibodyP113 antibodysignal transducer and activator of transcription 2 113kD antibodySignal transducer and activator of transcription 2 antibodySTAT113 antibodyStat2 antibodySTAT2_HUMAN antibody
Anti-STAT2 antibody images
Immunohistochemical analysis of STAT2 in paraffin embedded human lung carcinoma tissue using ab53149 at a dilution of 1/50. Right hand image: treated with immunising peptide. Left hand image: untreated.
All lanes : Anti-STAT2 antibody (ab53149) at 1/300 dilution
Lane 1 : Extracts from HeLa cell treated with IFN (2500U/ml, 30 min) with no peptide
Lane 2 : Extracts from HeLa cell treated with IFN (2500U/ml, 30 min) with peptide
Predicted band size : 98 kDa