Anti-STAT2 antibody (ab7965)
- Product nameAnti-STAT2 antibodySee all STAT2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to STAT2
- SpecificityReacts with STAT2 p113
- Tested applicationsIHC-Fr, IP, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide (Human) (C terminal).
- Positive control
- Jurkat and Ramos
- General notesSTATs are Signal Transducers and Activators of Transcription STATs are a family of cytoplasmic proteins that participate in cellular responses to cytokines and growth factors. Many cytokines involved in immune responses utilize the Jak-STAT signaling pathway. Jaks are receptor-associated protein tyrosine kinases, and STATs are activated by tyrosine phosphorylation.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
- Storage bufferPBS with 0.1% sodium azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgG fraction
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab7965 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|WB||WB: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Predicted molecular weight: 98 kDa.Can be blocked with STAT2 (C-term) peptide (human) (ab7999).|
- FunctionSignal transducer and activator of transcription that mediates signaling by type I IFNs (IFN-alpha and IFN-beta). Following type I IFN binding to cell surface receptors, Jak kinases (TYK2 and JAK1) are activated, leading to tyrosine phosphorylation of STAT1 and STAT2. The phosphorylated STATs dimerize, associate with ISGF3G/IRF-9 to form a complex termed ISGF3 transcription factor, that enters the nucleus. ISGF3 binds to the IFN stimulated response element (ISRE) to activate the transcription of interferon stimulated genes, which drive the cell in an antiviral state.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the transcription factor STAT family.
Contains 1 SH2 domain.
modificationsTyrosine phosphorylated in response to IFN-alpha.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Translocated into the nucleus upon activation by IFN-alpha/beta.
- Homo sapiens interferon alpha induced transcriptional activator antibody
- interferon alpha induced transcriptional activator antibody
- ISGF 3 antibody
- ISGF3 antibody
- MGC59816 antibody
- P113 antibody
- signal transducer and activator of transcription 2 113kD antibody
- Signal transducer and activator of transcription 2 antibody
- STAT113 antibody
- Stat2 antibody
- STAT2_HUMAN antibody
References for Anti-STAT2 antibody (ab7965)
ab7965 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.