Anti-STAT2 antibody (ab93445)
- Product nameAnti-STAT2 antibodySee all STAT2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to STAT2
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat
Predicted to work with: Cow, Human, Pig
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH derived from within residues 300 - 400 of Mouse STAT2.
- Positive control
- This antibody gave a positive signal in the following tissue lysates: Mouse heart, Mouse Spleen, Rat Lung, Rat Heart.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab93445 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 5 - 10 µg/ml.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 105 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 105 kDa).|
- FunctionSignal transducer and activator of transcription that mediates signaling by type I IFNs (IFN-alpha and IFN-beta). Following type I IFN binding to cell surface receptors, Jak kinases (TYK2 and JAK1) are activated, leading to tyrosine phosphorylation of STAT1 and STAT2. The phosphorylated STATs dimerize, associate with ISGF3G/IRF-9 to form a complex termed ISGF3 transcription factor, that enters the nucleus. ISGF3 binds to the IFN stimulated response element (ISRE) to activate the transcription of interferon stimulated genes, which drive the cell in an antiviral state.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the transcription factor STAT family.
Contains 1 SH2 domain.
modificationsTyrosine phosphorylated in response to IFN-alpha.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Translocated into the nucleus upon activation by IFN-alpha/beta.
- Homo sapiens interferon alpha induced transcriptional activator antibody
- interferon alpha induced transcriptional activator antibody
- ISGF 3 antibody
- ISGF3 antibody
- MGC59816 antibody
- P113 antibody
- signal transducer and activator of transcription 2 113kD antibody
- Signal transducer and activator of transcription 2 antibody
- STAT113 antibody
- Stat2 antibody
- STAT2_HUMAN antibody
Anti-STAT2 antibody images
ICC/IF image of ab93445 stained PC12 cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody ab93445 at 10µg/ml overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti- rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
All lanes : Anti-STAT2 antibody (ab93445) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Heart (Mouse) Tissue Lysate
Lane 2 : Spleen (Mouse) Tissue Lysate
Lane 3 : Lung (Rat) Tissue Lysate
Lane 4 : Heart (Rat) Tissue Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Goat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Rabbit IgG - H&L (HRP), pre-adsorbed at 1/5000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 105 kDa
Observed band size : 105 kDa
Additional bands at : 10 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time : 20 minutes
References for Anti-STAT2 antibody (ab93445)
ab93445 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.