Anti-STAT2 (phospho Y690) antibody (ab53132)
- Product nameAnti-STAT2 (phospho Y690) antibodySee all STAT2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to STAT2 (phospho Y690)
- Specificityab53132 detects endogenous levels of STAT2 only when phosphorylated at tyrosine 690.
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-P, ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
A synthetic phosphopeptide derived from human STAT2 around the phosphorylation site of tyrosine 690 (R-K-YP-L-K).
- Positive controlWB: HeLa cell extracts IHC-P: Human lung carcinoma tissue
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS (without Mg2+ and Ca2+), 150mM Sodium chloride, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesab53132 was affinity purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity chromatography using epitope specific phosphopeptide. The antibody against non phosphopeptide was removed by chromatography using non phosphopeptide corresponding to the phosphorylation site.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab53132 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/300 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 98 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 98 kDa).|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- FunctionSignal transducer and activator of transcription that mediates signaling by type I IFNs (IFN-alpha and IFN-beta). Following type I IFN binding to cell surface receptors, Jak kinases (TYK2 and JAK1) are activated, leading to tyrosine phosphorylation of STAT1 and STAT2. The phosphorylated STATs dimerize, associate with ISGF3G/IRF-9 to form a complex termed ISGF3 transcription factor, that enters the nucleus. ISGF3 binds to the IFN stimulated response element (ISRE) to activate the transcription of interferon stimulated genes, which drive the cell in an antiviral state.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the transcription factor STAT family.
Contains 1 SH2 domain.
modificationsTyrosine phosphorylated in response to IFN-alpha.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Translocated into the nucleus upon activation by IFN-alpha/beta.
- Homo sapiens interferon alpha induced transcriptional activator antibodyinterferon alpha induced transcriptional activator antibodyISGF3 antibody
- MGC59816 antibodyP113 antibodysignal transducer and activator of transcription 2 113kD antibodySignal transducer and activator of transcription 2 antibodySTAT113 antibodyStat2 antibodySTAT2_HUMAN antibody
Anti-STAT2 (phospho Y690) antibody images
All lanes : Anti-STAT2 (phospho Y690) antibody (ab53132) at 1/300 dilution
Lane 1 : HeLa cell extract treated with IFN (2500U/ml, 30mins)
Lane 2 : HeLa cell extract treated with IFN (2500U/ml, 30mins) with immunising peptide
Predicted band size : 98 kDa
Observed band size : 98 kDa
ab53132, at 1/50 dilution, staining STAT2 in paraffin embedded human lung carcinoma tissue by Immunohistochemistry in the absence (left image) or presence (right image) of the immunising peptide.
References for Anti-STAT2 (phospho Y690) antibody (ab53132)
This product has been referenced in:
- Shakya R et al. Hypomethylating therapy in an aggressive stroma-rich model of pancreatic carcinoma. Cancer Res 73:885-96 (2013). Read more (PubMed: 23204224) »
- Parker D et al. Induction of Type I Interferon Signaling by Pseudomonas aeruginosa is Diminished in Cystic Fibrosis Epithelial Cells. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol : (2011). WB ; Human, Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 21778412) »