Anti-STAT3 antibody (ab45306)
- Product nameAnti-STAT3 antibodySee all STAT3 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to STAT3
- SpecificityThis antibody detects STAT3 only.
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Does not react withMouse
Recombinant STAT3 protein fragment expressed in E. coli.
- Positive control
- Jurkat (Human T cell lymphoblast-like cell line) and A431 (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line).
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C long term. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab45306 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 88 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 88 kDa).|
- FunctionTranscription factor that binds to the interleukin-6 (IL-6)-responsive elements identified in the promoters of various acute-phase protein genes. Activated by IL31 through IL31RA.
- Tissue specificityHeart, brain, placenta, lung, liver, skeletal muscle, kidney and pancreas.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in STAT3 are the cause of hyperimmunoglobulin E recurrent infection syndrome autosomal dominant (AD-HIES) [MIM:147060]; also known as hyper-IgE syndrome or Job syndrome. AD-HIES is a rare disorder of immunity and connective tissue characterized by immunodeficiency, chronic eczema, recurrent Staphylococcal infections, increased serum IgE, eosinophilia, distinctive coarse facial appearance, abnormal dentition, hyperextensibility of the joints, and bone fractures.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the transcription factor STAT family.
Contains 1 SH2 domain.
modificationsTyrosine phosphorylated upon stimulation with EGF (By similarity). Tyrosine phosphorylated in response to IL-6, IL-11, CNTF, LIF, CSF-1, EGF, PDGF, IFN-alpha and OSM. Phosphorylated on serine upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR. Serine phosphorylation is important for the formation of stable DNA-binding STAT3 homodimers and maximal transcriptional activity. ARL2BP may participate in keeping the phosphorylated state of STAT3 within the nucleus.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Shuttles between the nucleus and the cytoplasm. Constitutive nuclear presence is independent of tyrosine phosphorylation. Predominantly present in the cytoplasm without stimuli. Upon leukemia inhibitory factor (LIF) stimulation, accumulates in the nucleus. The complex composed of BART and ARL2 plays an important role in the nuclear translocation and retention of STAT3.
- 1110034C02Rik antibody
- Acute Phase Response Factor antibody
- Acute-phase response factor antibody
- APRF antibody
- AW109958 antibody
- DNA binding protein APRF antibody
- FLJ20882 antibody
- HIES antibody
- MGC16063 antibody
- Signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 antibody
- Signal Transductor and Activator of Transcription 3 antibody
- STAT 3 antibody
- Stat3 antibody
- STAT3_HUMAN antibody
Anti-STAT3 antibody images
Lane 1 : Marker
Lanes 2 - 5 : Anti-STAT3 antibody (ab45306) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : As above
Lane 2 :
A431 (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate (ab7909) at 20 µg
Lane 3 :
Jurkat (Human T cell lymphoblast-like cell line) Whole Cell Lysate (ab7899) at 20 µg
Lane 4 :
NIH 3T3 (Mouse embryonic fibroblast cell line) Whole Cell Lysate (ab7179) at 20 µg
Lane 5 : Small Intestine (Human) Tissue Lysate (ab7923)(Negative control) at 20 µg
Lanes 2 - 5 : IRDye 680 Conjugated Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L) (ab28446) at 1/15000 dilution
Predicted band size : 88 kDa
References for Anti-STAT3 antibody (ab45306)
ab45306 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.