Anti-STAT3 antibody (ab57820)
- Product nameAnti-STAT3 antibodySee all STAT3 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal to STAT3
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Recombinant fragment: LVYLYPDIPK EEAFGKYCRP ESQEHPEADP GAAPYLKTKF ICVTPTTCSN TIDLPMSPRT LDSLMQFGNN GEGAEPSAGG QFESLTFDME LTSECATSPM , corresponding to amino acids 670-770 of Human STAT3
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
PBS, pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab57820 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionTranscription factor that binds to the interleukin-6 (IL-6)-responsive elements identified in the promoters of various acute-phase protein genes. Activated by IL31 through IL31RA.
- Tissue specificityHeart, brain, placenta, lung, liver, skeletal muscle, kidney and pancreas.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in STAT3 are the cause of hyperimmunoglobulin E recurrent infection syndrome autosomal dominant (AD-HIES) [MIM:147060]; also known as hyper-IgE syndrome or Job syndrome. AD-HIES is a rare disorder of immunity and connective tissue characterized by immunodeficiency, chronic eczema, recurrent Staphylococcal infections, increased serum IgE, eosinophilia, distinctive coarse facial appearance, abnormal dentition, hyperextensibility of the joints, and bone fractures.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the transcription factor STAT family.
Contains 1 SH2 domain.
modificationsTyrosine phosphorylated upon stimulation with EGF (By similarity). Tyrosine phosphorylated in response to IL-6, IL-11, CNTF, LIF, CSF-1, EGF, PDGF, IFN-alpha and OSM. Phosphorylated on serine upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR. Serine phosphorylation is important for the formation of stable DNA-binding STAT3 homodimers and maximal transcriptional activity. ARL2BP may participate in keeping the phosphorylated state of STAT3 within the nucleus.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Shuttles between the nucleus and the cytoplasm. Constitutive nuclear presence is independent of tyrosine phosphorylation. Predominantly present in the cytoplasm without stimuli. Upon leukemia inhibitory factor (LIF) stimulation, accumulates in the nucleus. The complex composed of BART and ARL2 plays an important role in the nuclear translocation and retention of STAT3.
- 1110034C02Rik antibody
- Acute Phase Response Factor antibody
- Acute-phase response factor antibody
- APRF antibody
- AW109958 antibody
- FLJ20882 antibody
- HIES antibody
- MGC16063 antibody
- Signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 antibody
- STAT 3 antibody
- Stat3 antibody
- STAT3_HUMAN antibody
Anti-STAT3 antibody images
Predicted band size : 88 kDa
STAT3 antibody (ab57820) at 1ug/lane + HeLa cell lysate at 25ug/lane.
References for Anti-STAT3 antibody (ab57820)
ab57820 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.